Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:51 am

Hi Isap

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier. There were things in my family (not bad) that made life too busy to write, though as I write I'm thinking, I should have popped on to wish you well. A wee lesson I've learnt.

At this point I will post to check it out as I'm using a different tech thing

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:32 am

Things are good re this tech thing but I'm not confident about it.

As you say, empathy is less common now. In Britain we are less of a community in family, living places, workplace, local churches. These have largely died out in my lifetime. With greater wealth comes greater freedom, I think. And so we can enjoy our big tellys, our computer gadgets and have less need of people. This attitude of only having one life and so enjoy it is stronger than you can imagine. I think too, though I may be wrong, that increasing atheism in Britain can change the nature of groups and attitudes towards the vulnerable.

As you can see this is a subject I find interesting. Empathy is crucial in life but

the loveliest of people often feel concern but find (truly or not) they can't act. Those of us who show empathy become frustrated and angry (I do).

I imagine each person in a hot air balloon with sandbags holding them down. Each sandbag contains our moral values. We need to get higher and so we throw out just a bit of values. But we want to get higher still. We would love to help and we're sorry but we have to get rid of quite a lot of value. We're higher but not as high as him or her and out go many more etc

Some of us are 'stuck' with our morality and struggle to rise. We bump along. If we're lucky we keep good health and enjoy life. But some of us are unlucky. It was empathy that caused my breakdown 17 years ago. My life has never been the same since and sometimes I wish I was a hard hearted bastard, high enough to enjoy my life.

I know I've gone on and I hope you don't mind.

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:46 am

Just to finish.
The wanting more when you help is, I think, common in most people, certainly in Britain. You give someone some money and they come to you for more. I can understand that, although when that happens to me I can feel irritated. Some years ago I was given £11,000 in redundancy. I was friendly with a family who had given me a lot of support. They were hard up and so I gave them £800. A few weeks later they watched our dog for a couple of nights. When I offered them money for it, as my manners insisted, they took it and I was disgusted. Foolishly I had thought that my gift had given me a place in their family.

Take care
God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:54 am

Hi caro

I hope you don't mind me saying this.

You can say 'I m thinking of you'.

You are a lovely person and truly I am not criticising you

Love Debs

christabel

Postby christabel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:00 pm

How is the medication going Isap?

Thinking of you. Chris

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your supportive posts as always.
I agree with everything you said. The family you gave money to behaved like scum. Those are the kind of foreigners you find living in this horrible country.

Hello Chris

Thanks for your post

It's day 5 back on venlafaxine and have been having anxiety attacks all day. I suspect it's a side effect but I know goes away after a while. Still horrible though.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 am

Hi Isap

I hope the anxiety attacks go soon. Yes they're horrible.

Here we have the mess that is Brexit! It's unbelievable that a group of overpaid incompetents are allowed to run this country. Serious and tabloid press are suggesting a meds problem due to loss of free movement and so causing a back log. Who can say.

I missed my last bus so must go now to catch this.

God bless
Debs xx

keepgoing

Postby keepgoing » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi Isap

Wanting to offer my support to you. Iv'e been reading your posts with Deb's and its really nice to see people reaching out to you at this difficult time. Being in prison in a foreign country is very difficult in itself, let alone trying to keep your mental health together. I personally spent sometime in a foreign jail after a motor cycle collided with my car and the local police accused me of the accident. I had the proper insurance and the motor cyclist had nothing in the way of insurance. I was told by a lawyer that because I was a foreigner is was easier for them to put me inside. It took a longtime to get myself free, having basically to pay the police to release me. I should of probably offered a payment from day 1, although I was-ant aware that this would be acceptable behavior.

Take care of yourself and reach out for support when you need it.

Regards

Gary

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 am

Hi Debs, Gary

Thanks so much for your kind support. What happened to you is more common than you think.

Just a quick favor
I refuse to google the side effects of venlafaxine for obvious reasons. But could someone tell me if constipation is one of them? That's another reason I don't take Tramadol too often.

Isap

caro

Postby caro » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 am

Hello Isap

Yes constipation is a common side effect.

It wasn't a major problem for me, and no where near as bad as when I have to take tramadol (I have fibromyalgia).

I had to stop taking venlafaxine because it gave me terrible problems with my monthly cycle.
It worked very well for my high anxiety and depression.
I pray it helps you too x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”