SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:31 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for your continued support

I think we all know how horrible it is waiting for a new medication to kick in.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi Isap

I've been following a thread on here from a non regular. Obviously I can't repeat it but sometimes a person wants the perfect answer. or the well intentioned poster is criticised. I am so tempted to explain why I think this person has a problem but it goes against my religion.

God Bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:55 am

Hello Debs

That kind of poster is very common on all forums. Ignoring is usually the best way and eventually they disappear.

However, if what you say will definitely benefit them, then why not say. Just avoid their reply which would only upset you. MN

I actually took a peek at the other threads and there was only one you could use the word "following" for. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same woman I had a go at several weeks ago for being incredibly self centred. I subsequently apologized, but rarely look at other threads now

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 am

Hi Isap

Actually I've only posted once but a couple of people have s kindly posted two or three times. Tbh he needs some telling. Given he was so critical of advice I told him things the way I saw it. I don't mind his reply. It couldn't upset me because he too is self centred. It's the genuine ones that I would become upset about if I thought I'd hurt them.

My prayers are with you
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:27 am

Hi Debs

Now that you mention he is male and it's not ATTMP, I know who you're talking about. I haven't read the thread and don't intend to.

Thanks for your kind support as always

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Isap

When I worked I had to get the bus at 7.20. I've found it hard to adjust but this morning it's heavy rain and I'm getting the 10 am bus (despite still waking up early). So far I'm managing mood wise. Given I find it hard to come home before 5pm it would be good to do this several mornings a week.

How are things. It's too early for the amytriptaline to be working yet I imagine. I have been on pregabalin for just over 2 weeks now. Obviously I don't know if they'll work.

My thoughts and prayers are still with you
God Bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39 am

Hi Debs

I can understand your reluctance to be at home too long.

Actually I ended up being put on escitalopram by a psychiatrist here. She said amitriptyline plus a non effective AD would do no good. I've been on a week now. I didn't Google for side effects but I know what they are already.

You have plenty of leeway to increase pregabalin if necessary since you're getting off NHS. It's insanely expensive otherwise. I never had that option.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:31 am

Hi Isap

Most meds take 3 to 4 weeks to kick in so hopefully it won't be too long. Is there scope to increase your med.

I see the gp next week. She will increase if need be. I suspect though that she will only go up in small increments ie 50mg at a time.

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi Isap

I'm thinking of you and praying for you

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I read 3 or 4 bible chapters daily as in ODB

My nice phone got nabbed in a search yesterday, lucky to get a used, small but working one as a replacement so soon.

God bless

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”