Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

was going to go in mutual support bt ended up a rant

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
maisi

was going to go in mutual support bt ended up a rant

Postby maisi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am

I want to talk about myself because I need the support, and I want to be able to help other people cos I feel it when people post that they're in a really tough place, and know I've got some coping strategies that would do no harm to share.

I'm all over this forum all of a sudden, and I don't know how to explain what I'm going through. The only way I've come to understanding with others about what's going on is by describing my whole situation which I just can't do simply. It's not so terrible, more that other people have been through, less than other people have been through, but mental health doesn't work like that, I know. Everyone's different and got different pressures and challenges and a lot of it is hard to describe. I think it's quite bad what I've been through though.

I haven't got a diagnosis but it's to do with trauma and anxiety. I've tried a couple of routes to help- nhs and private organisations and charities. I never considered there was this amount of problems within me, it just got triggered and I'm not the person I thought I was.

It's kind of brilliant though cos I don't have to be the kind of person who was one thing but another thing too, divided. But I do have to keep being a good mum, and keep my daughter protected from it. She's got bigger challenges than me, it's not fair on her that on top of everything else her mum's getting ill, but I won't screw this up.

deb1960

Re: was going to go in mutual support bt ended up a rant

Postby deb1960 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi
Are you taking meds or receiving any help.

In England and Wales the charity MIND have various groups that might be able to help you. Perhaps give them a call

Deb x

maisi

Re: was going to go in mutual support bt ended up a rant

Postby maisi » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:48 am

Hi Deb,

I did try my local mind when I was in the worst state, and they have a 3 month waiting list for any kind of help, even drop in- I was so dishertened I didnt put my name down. I have found help- I've found a trainee therapist nearly qualified, who works with reduced fees, and I'm hoping to get approved for some charity funding. She's alright, I like talking with her, but it's too soon to tell, and get a lot of anxiety before each appointment (and anyway).

My GP bless her prescribed citalopram for the anxiety and depression, while referring for NHS psychotherapy that she knew would take forever. I don't want to do medication before talking, and also have an issue about medicines in my body, side effects, confusion between me and the outside world- I've been in a bad state but I'm getting better, and don't want drugs in the mix, personally, where I'm at.

I like this new thing called talking! Thanks Deb, are you ok?

Return to “Rant Room”