Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I can't take it anymore!

If you're new and want to say hello...
coleb

I can't take it anymore!

Postby coleb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm not really sure how to say any of this, its my first time on a forum and up until now I have never considered it but I'm desperate. I recently turned 25 and spent my birthday in a+e suicidal and was placed in a crisis team. I feel my mental state has worsened but my team had to transfer me to the community team because they don't have the funding to have patients for longer than 6 weeks and they had me for 10. Now I have little to no support and my medication has been messed around with and I don't think I can do this anymore. I can feel myself making plans again and it scares me. . I’ve lost a lot of people because of my mental health and the ones that stayed either can't understand or have grown tired of me because i don't resemble the person they know. Between my disorder and medication I don't feel human anymore. It's like a stranger is staring back at me in the mirror. There's no joy in life anymore and I wake up each day wanting it to be my last. I feel so alone and I don't know what to do to keep myself safe or if I even want to stay safe anymore. My urge to self harm is getting worse. I finally understand when people say the NHS fails people with Mental health. Does anyone know things to help when you're suicidal and having less professional support/waiting for treatment? I'm desperate, don't think I will be around much longer if something doesn't change.

andthistoomustpass

Re: I can't take it anymore!

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear how things are for you right now.

I can't answer your question other than by telling you what has always worked for me. That is reminding myself that however bad I feel, it will pass and life will eventually give opportunities for new and better experiences.

Getting things out can be good too, feel free to post as much or as little as you like here.

This forum is a bit quiet but maybe someone else will respond with other thoughts.

Take care of yourself

maisi

Postby maisi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi coleb,

That ain't fair, it's horrible to be on your own with huge pain. I'm not very good at this having joined recently myself but anthistoomustpass is right- even the worst feelings do pass. so ride it out. I care, there'll be other people who care who will understand.

I had to try the NHS for mental health issues recently for the first time, and was shocked how bad they let it get sometimes- I guess they're very stretched. The best help I've had was from Sane in the short term, and mental health and therapy organisations for longer term help. There will be people in your area where you can get caring help for free or very cheaply, google therapy and psychological support in your area. Look outside the NHS and you might find something that makes a real difference.

It's good to talk I think

cookiemonster

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 am

Firstly sending a big hug.
I tried to end my life in may of this year. I failed and realised that if I can’t end it I must seek help.
I have found keeping myself as busy as possible has helped. Doing a boxercise class, attending support groups where I can meet people with similar issues has helped and having a healthy diet. The less time spent on my own thinking the better.

c-lo

Postby c-lo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 am

Hi coleb, welcome.

I am also new to using forums and I am sorry you are feeling so bad right now, but others are right in what they write, this low point in your life will pass. Maybe picking up the phone and talking to the samaritans will help in the moments when feel the urge to harm yourself freephone: 116 123 email: jo@samaritans.org

I know from my current experience that it can take a while to get the right help put in place, but knowing I am working towards finding solutions rather than being stuck in the problem gives me something positive to focus on.

Try to give yourself a break and be kind to yourself by doing some simple practical things to take care of yourself physically.

Please keep talking and posting, you are not alone :)

j

Postby j » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi Coleb
I feel for your situation and I hope you can get some help .i am new to this forum and I am new towards accepting I have mental health issues but maybe you can see some good from this forum in seeing that you are not alone and that if we give it some time we too can find some purpose and meaning ,I find that I sit in a room and do nothing except think about what I am going to do ,if I drink it numbs my emotions but this then leads to being more depressed and not eating,not working,not washing ,sleeping during the day and not much at nite and not working,and not getting paid,and I have done this for over 30 years ,I have lost my 3 sons due to their mother having enough of me and moving 12000 miles away I have only seen them on one occasion for 3 weeks in d last 10 years they were with me everyday for nearly 8 years and I am feeling a lot of the time that I have lost all hope but I don’t want to give up and I don’t want to live a drunkard and druggie either,I hope things can get better for you and for me too but I now that I gotta do something about it ,hope to see more of your posts,

Return to “Newbies Room”