Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Thoughts of suicide are new to me.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
sunsteal

Thoughts of suicide are new to me.

Postby sunsteal » Thu May 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Feeling very alone tonight. My anxiety has been ever so strong for this last 4/5 weeks and every afternoon I'm left with a churning, empty painful stomach as if someone has shouted boo and that initial fright lingers for hours. It's getting me down and for the first time ever I've begun to wonder if I want to end my life.

I'm not usually suicidal or a self harmer but this constant pain is getting to be way too much for me. Why does our own bodies do this to ourselflves?

c.j.

Re: Thoughts of suicide are new to me.

Postby c.j. » Fri May 11, 2018 10:27 am

I've recently found eating healthier food, light exercise and mindfulness to be really helpful for my mind. Maybe going to the gym or exercise class, ie. getting in amongst people might help? Hope this helps.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Wed May 16, 2018 7:11 pm

My counsellor told me this once. hopefully it will be helpful

The human brain is a naturally problem solver. when present with any problem it will instinctively look for a solution. If your problem is big enough, once of the possible solutions your brain will give you is suicide.

However, and this is the key point here, you can choose to ignore it. You ignore the majority of the crap your brain comes up with regularly and you can ignore this too.

hang in there

sharpyharpy

Postby sharpyharpy » Thu May 17, 2018 9:03 pm

I’ve recently had quite a few suicidal thoughts too. I’ve only ever experienced it once before a long time ago when I was having a really terrible time and now I am again.
It’s really frightening to get to that point when we think that this is the only way out. I’m so tired and exhausted and depressed but I’m trying to get through it.
At least we are not alone. There is so much support available online.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”