Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

This forum has helped

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
teamn

This forum has helped

Postby teamn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:47 am

It's only been a couple of weeks that I joined and I felt so alone and isolated, especially in regards to my depression and just talking my truth and airing my concerns and feelings, you know having an outlet.

I just want to say thankyou to you guys , and the moderators fir setting the forum up. It's really helped, being able to express and having responses back and reading other people's posts and me myself either identifying or just trying to assist..tomorrow I'm going to attempt to stay in hostel full time, it's filling me with anxiety I can feel I, but it's better fir me to try that I think. Rather than be emotionally abused by my dad. I won't have wifi in hostel, so won't be as active But I'll be thinking of all of you..my online virtual friends..I'm off in the evening, but I just wanted to say thanks tonight as that's what I'm feeling ..such gratitude. You guys literally l brought me back from despair..thanks , this forum stopped me harming myself thankyou so much..

andthistoomustpass

Re: This forum has helped

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 am

Hi Natalie

By being so open and caring you have helped many others too. Unlike when politicians say it, we really are all in this together and are here for you just as you are here for us.

Good luck with the hostel. It must be quite a scary and therefore courageous decision to make. Please remember that we are all rooting for you.

Wishing you well
x

jazzrose343

Postby jazzrose343 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:27 am

Hi teamn

I am glad that this forum has helped you so much. You responses have certaintly helped me this weekend.

You have to do what will help you and I hope staying at the hostel helps.

Wishing you all the best and again thank you for the help you have given us.

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:38 am

I've beem on this for 3 years amd its never been so busy

what's more, new members are staying to help others instead of just posting their own stuff and disappearing

I would write and support more but am im
a bad state and posting is often too much of an effort

amaya

Postby amaya » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 am

That is so brave :)
Let us know how it goes.. however hard it is, it is a stepping stone to a life that will be easier on you and where you are free to be yourself. Stay strong :)

christabel

Postby christabel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Sending my best wishes teamn.

Let us know how you are when you can.

X Chris

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:22 pm

I hope all goes well and gets better,

Take care, Deb x

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 am

Well it's been 24 hours a hostel, I managed to top up and get some data so I have wifi access, second night here, felt but tearful during the day, but I breathed and centered myself and calmed down. Just zoning out really and only focused on daughter and Tv rather than surroundings. I thought things were bad, and then I saw HONEY G on the Xmas Peacock advert (UK) and thought things could be far far worse, .....at least I'm not seeing honey G every weekend like last year on xfactor :lol: :roll: :shock: :o . Hope everyone's ok too

teamn

Postby teamn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:28 am

Just sharing , mainly to get ff my chest, but also I case anyone I rested with my boring life :D

3rd night in hostel, to day was good day, my daughters wellbeing always is the fighting force, of course my sons too, but she's dependent on me while he's not so much. So we usually have a regular baby group we go to on Wednesday, without my car (which got towed) and this beautiful British weather :cry: ., I was concerned of how to get to the class. But I never let it stop me, fir first time in days, please don't judge I changed my clothes, I never felt need to before as I wast leaving the house abd felt rubbish so didn't change, fir me when I'm down self car often goes out window, particularly as most f my cities are in my dads loft as (as I could no longer afford storage costs) I only have few clothes to wear now.anywayi never le it stop me, I got changed, got bus and train , and took her to class, she loved it and so did I.. it took ages to get Back and I had to prepare her some good, so had to force myself to cook in the kitchen , big step for me, as I'm generally a clean freak and this kitchen is not of my liking, but what was I gonna do, can't le her starve.. so then as I Cooke fir her, I decided to cook fir myself also, instead of getting takeaway again.. I felt good after eating . I really feelmtha having to deal with the, will force me to find a wY to sort it out, I do d have an option to do some work, self employment selling products..so really thinking of doing that to best of my ability so I can make some money and get out of here..

I think the universe
/God really forces your hard sometimes, in order to get you out of your situation that's not working, to move you toward something that wil. Maybe my dad being so horrid and forcing me out of his home, to live hear, will be the thing that muses me make some serious positive movement
. Here's hoping. We can all talk, but it's action that's required on my part, that's wha the depression took from me, motivation to do..motivation to take steps, it took my confidence, my pizazz, my get up and go..and I need that back please depression, send it by FedEx, Royal Mail whatever, but please just send it back . :lol: :lol:

Think meds kicking in. Feeling good, in spite f it all, and just want to keep on keeping on.. but does anyone else get scared f being happy since having depression or anxiety. It's almost like I scare of being happy, or trusting my happiness as I'm just waiting fir the feeling of numbness and depression to take over..

Maybe it's just me, that's y I had t take one day at time, that's why I'm still not working or doing anything. I mean Adele as daughter, but I'm usually self employed and have all ways delivired/created many independent projects so I don't always need An employer .. but over past year as I says , my confidence and motivation have been week..

Wow I'm tired, baby still wakes at least 3 times a night, starts to catch up this week already. And I also think, I've not been relaxed sleeping in hostel , so think that had something to do with it to., tonight I'm going to relax as I feel I've done really well today ....yay me!!! :D

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:21 am

Hi Natalie

You're doing great. Keep it up.

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”