Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Covert medication

Ask, explore, query, share
ad8867

Covert medication

Postby ad8867 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:04 pm

I have reason to believe that I am being covertly medicated and have been for probably most of my life.

Without going into too much detail, I know this to be true because I had suspected it for years, but when I went to the hospital to tell them about this, they convinced me that it was all in my head, then proceeded to put me on practically the same medication that I was already being medicated with. This is how I now know for certain (whereas before it was a suspicion). The reason I believe that they were not open and honest with me is because they feared that I would end up being a danger to those who had been medicating me for years (my family).

I have lost all trust in the health industry because of this, not to mention my family.

So I stopped taking the medication after I moved out of my family's house, but have since found myself to be under the influence of the same type of medication again. I am at a loss if I'm being honest. I am trying to complete a degree in software development, but due to antipsychotics/lithium I literally, the next day, cannot remember what I studied the night before (and this is even the case straight after studying a chapter - no retention of knowledge whatsoever). This degree is pretty much all I'm living for. It's my way out of a crappy life but will be completely impossible to complete under the influence of this type of medication.

So, where do I turn? How can I get legal support for this matter? It is such a strange case that I'm not even sure if I can? Covert medicating is like a legal loophole when it comes to medicating a non-compliant patient. You, as a medical professional, don't need to worry about proving your case legally, or even about the patient saying no, being sectioned, then fighting their case legally (something that I know for certain that I would win, which is probably why I am being medicated in this manner). I have literally no clue what to do. All I know is that the only time I feel depressed/angry/moody/paranoid is when I am on this medication. And the only time I am happy is when I am not. The medication is having the exact opposite effect that it is supposed to.

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: Covert medication

Postby judithj » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Have you had any blood-tests to find out if you are being medicated? Anything like that would show up in your blood-stream, xxx

ad8867

Postby ad8867 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm not sure how I could have a reliable blood test. Considering it would have to be, at least in part, my doctor/s who would be involved (they would surely at least have knowledge of this), it would be pointless to then go to them for the blood test.

I'm in a no win situation really. Someone reads what I have written above and they automatically would think that it is just part of some paranoid delusion. I'm fully aware of just how outside the realm of reality it sounds. Anyone I were to go to about this, even a lawyer, would probably think the same thing and turn me away. I'm pretty much screwed as far as I can tell, while whoever is involved in this is free to continue along without fear of ever being stopped.

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:10 pm

You can get an independent test, although you'll have to pay for it e.g. http://www.medichecks.com/index.cfm?s=2&d=21&ltr=L xxx

ad8867

Postby ad8867 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks for the replies, Judith. It's much appreciated. :)

ladygnome

Postby ladygnome » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:18 pm

you mention taking lithium and anti-psychotics. Are these ones you have been openly prescribed?
If you feel they do not work, have you asked for different meds?
If you are taking them some days and choosing not to on other days have you made yourself feel rough?
If your family had got hold of meds to give you when you were younger that is a shame, everyone wants to be able to trust their loved ones. But if you live independently now you can find out for yourself what does and does not help you ......with meds or talking therapy.
Glad to hear that there are times when you do feel happy, do try and figure out what else (apart from meds) has helped you feel well/happy,
Regardless of what meds you might be having, you Can Control other things that are going to make you feel healthier and happier:::::
How much good quality sleep you get. Eating healthy food. Doing some fun exercise. Taking time to chat with people. Doing someone worse off than you a good turn. Choosing feel good music to listen to. Keeping you living place looking nice. -----So much of your day to day life IS in your control, and you yourself can make your daily life better, regardless of any actions which you think other people might have taken against you.

ladygnome

Postby ladygnome » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:19 am

just of a bit of a p.s. to what I wrote you last time.
Not sure what your meds situation is right now, but I guess what I realy wanted to emphasise was that most things in your life are under your control::::
You choose your own actions
You choose your own thoughts
You choose your own feelings.

I do find it a challenge sometimes to channel my thoughts in a positive direction, but I am very aware that they do create my feelings.....whether upbeat or depressed....
eg the last couple of weeks I have found myself almost obsessing about one particular health issue, which drove my feelings into anger and anxiety, and have had to literally tell myself that....'' other thoughts are available''....

Return to “Information Exchange”