Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Struggling and medication issues

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
Twinkle

Struggling and medication issues

Postby Twinkle » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi, I am feeling really vulnerable and low at the moment. I have had a mental breakdown and it finally came to light last week when I starting self harming. I was referred to crisis team and have a psych appointment in 2 weeks. I am also seeing my GP on Friday. My meds are really not helping in fact since my dose was doubled I have become even worse. I am thinking of death, I self harmed again today and I am the most miserable and lowest I have felt in my life. I have also gained so much weight. I don't know how I am going to wait another 2 weeks. I can't see my GP changing my meds as he referred me to the crisis team. I am at my wits end. I also don't want to end up on meds which make me gain even more weight as this causes issues with a hormonal disorder that I have and makes that worse so I am getting depressed and stressed about that too. Please can anyone help me and give me any advice as to what medications have been succesful in terms of lifting the black cloud and preventing huge weight changes? I have so far tried citalopram 20, sertraline 50, 100, 150, fluoxetine, citalopram 20, 40. Since being on my current dose I have become a neurotic, aggressive, self harming, emotional wreck. All I want is some sort of normality. Thanks for reading. Twinkle

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: Struggling and medication issues

Postby judithj » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:50 am

You could enquire about venlafaxine (http://www.drugs.com/venlafaxine.html) however if you have another condition it can be difficult to find the right meds,xxx

Return to “Safe Room”