Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Thoughts won't go away Trig

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
toxicmind

Re: Thoughts won't go away Trig

Postby toxicmind » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:05 pm

don't let the bullies get to you rise above them. maybe other users could help you with self confidence do you have any friends that could goto to help with being lonely maybe meds or some sort of therapy might help you with your depression

skyfall95

Postby skyfall95 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:07 pm

I dont see the bullies anymore. Some of my friends are understanding. And im on my 12th day of Citalopram.

toxicmind

Postby toxicmind » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 pm

well i hope things get better for you

skyfall95

Postby skyfall95 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Thank you. I started a new topic in the kitchen called random chat which i put up in case anyone wanted to have chat about anything to take ther mind of things, would you be interested?

evabtob

Postby evabtob » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi our brains are weird when they get out of control it is very hard to reign them back in, things can trigger these thoughts I have a few tricks you can try, 1. as soon as a thought I dont want because it is disturbing comes into my head I press a buzzer and bleap it out it works most of the time. 2 I just say to myself give me a break I do n ot want to deal with it now i will deal with it later, and I will fix it. 3. I just try to calm myself with positive thoughts and affirmation. 4 I tell myself everything is Ok checking in on how I am feeling at the time, like am I dead no I am not I am still alive so thats fine. I think meditation does help and TLP has helped me . It is a struggle and very tiring so get lots of rest and try to switch off as much as you can . I do not drink now because I find alcohol is the worst thing for me.I do think some books help,especially ones with good endings. Hope you get help with this I am sure there are other things out there , I appreciate and have empathy with your struggle.

skyfall95

Postby skyfall95 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Thank you for the advice. What books would you reccomend?

eYe

Postby eYe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:31 pm

If I may butt in, I'd like to suggest "Full Catastrophe Living" by Jon Kabat-Zinn.

It can be tricky to work out which self-help books are garbage, but this guy is a very respected author with a proper PhD from MIT, and his work on combining modern Western science/medicine with Buddhist ideas is behind a lot of the mindfulness programs that are run at clinics all over the world.

He has also given talks which can be found on YouTube etc.

skyfall95

Postby skyfall95 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Ok that sounds interesting will look it up

evabtob

Postby evabtob » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi have not been on for a couple of days so did not see your post I had some books I was told to read by my Therapist from the wellness group I think it depends on what you have been through mine was trauma so I needed help with that. I am at the moment waiting to read a book called compassionate mind which was recommended to me. I have not read it yet. In the library they have some books you can look online. I think books like everything they are helpful but as always we are all individuals and what suits one person may not another, the important thing is just get information , information is good . I think if I can understand in some way what went wrong and why my mind went into this vortex spinning out of control then maybe I can get the control back I was n ot always like this so maybe I can go back probably not how I was but I hope I can be stronger I will also understand myself better .

skyfall95

Postby skyfall95 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Thank you I will have a look in the library.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”