Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Need to vent

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
Nuttyasafuitbat

Need to vent

Postby Nuttyasafuitbat » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 am

Ive been struggling on and off for 14 years with no support as my dh thinks its just a state of mind. Yesterday I was told that I'm always f***ing miserable and that we don't have a relationship anymore and that it's about time I cheered up! I've tried everything to make him understand but now feel more suicidal than ever and wonder if it's my relationship that is contributing to my depression. I've finally made appt to see gp but suspect I'll be prescribed anti d but feel its more than that and know I won't get any support from home. I know theres no magic answer but just needed to vent to people who do understand that I'm ill not just miserable!

Virella

Re: Need to vent

Postby Virella » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 am

It's a vicious circle isn't it. My ADs have helped level me off, and my mood swings aren't quite so severe any more.
If you explain to your GP, I'm sure they will prescribe the best therapy/medication for you.
Keep posting if it helps, we all need a good rant every now and again :)
xxx

loz7

Re: Need to vent

Postby loz7 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Maybe ask about counselling when you're seeing the gp? Might help you sort out which things are making you feel better/worse. Might be chance to sort out stuff about your relationship.

ETA someone on here just said to me - only someone who doesn't understand depression can say things like that. Hang in there and see if the gp's got any ideas.
'One day at a time, one foot in front of the other...'

Return to “Rant Room”