Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feel let down

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
mld

Feel let down

Postby mld » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:19 pm

i know it sounds stupid but the member of the mental health team I see each week was ill yesterday and I feel really let down. She's off on annual leave this week coming and i wasn't looking forward to that either. Now my head is teaming, my brain feels it's going to explode and I need to talk to someone. I know I can call the oncall team, but i hate having to start from fresh - unless they already know me.
i'm trying to sort out a larer support group for myself, but its hard when i can't do relationships!
just dont know what to do now - may just try and get stuff written into my diary - otherwise i'll phone for help.
why dont they put other people in to see people when someone's ill?
mld

craziememe

Re: Feel let down

Postby craziememe » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:07 pm

hi mld,
like sweetgrass said feel free to post on here, there's always someone with wise words that help you keep going, whwnever my cpn is away or even is late i feel let down too but i am quite close to her which probably does'nt help, anyway hope your feeling a little better,
take care x
Craziememe

mld

Postby mld » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Thanks both of you, just knowing that this site exists helps, and has taken the pressure off for this evening. i haven't felt suicidal for a few weeks, but known i've been close to going over the edge. Yesterday just seemed to be the final straw. today i seem a little more able to cope.
mld

ribena

Postby ribena » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:47 pm

totally know how you feel. i always feel let down if my crisis team don't show up (which is often) and i HATE explaining myself over and over and over...sometimes i wonder how they would feel if they had to explain their personal problems to someone they didn't know over and over.

sadbena x

deadchick07

Postby deadchick07 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:47 am

know how you feel, been trying to get to see someone for 3 weeks whilst my psych is on holiday, and although i work in mental health too, i am annoyed, cos when im off sick or on holiday they always cover my visits, so why doesnt this happen with everyone?

grrrrrrr!!!!!

maybe only some of us actually care about people, if they dont they need to get out of the job.

At least we care about each other here!!!
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

craziememe

Postby craziememe » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:13 pm

hey mld,
glad things are a little brighter,

deadchick, totally agree wih you, at the moment this place and you people keep me alive xx
Craziememe

Return to “Mutual Support Group”