Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

HAD ENOUGH

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
francessmith

HAD ENOUGH

Postby francessmith » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:42 pm

I have had enough of living under the black cloud that never leaves me, I am just making my husband and kids suffer they would be better off if I was out of their lives, I feel so tired of living, I want to be free of this mental torment that never lets up. I am just existing hour by hour, I feel as if I am losing the battle to carry on I just want peace and I know that will only happen when I am dead.

Lucretia

Re: HAD ENOUGH

Postby Lucretia » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:09 am

there is a way of finding peace without ending your life.
im so sorry you feel this bad at the moment but please hang on,it will pass.
have you a psychiatrist and are you on any medication?if you have a doctor,please speak to them about how you feel.
if not then please see your gp.
im sure your family would be absolutely devastated if anything happened to you.
my mum wouldnt cope without me and thats what keeps me going through the hard times
take care
x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

francessmith

Postby francessmith » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Still feeling really crap, I have this huge black cloud of depression hanging over me, and it never goes away. The anti depressants dont feel as if they are working any more, been refered to the mental heatlh crisis team but I dont feel I can hang on much longer. My doctor is trying to help me but nothing seems to be working any more I just feel so desperate. My family are trying so hard to help me but I feel I am bringing them down in to my depression. I keep thinking that the only way to stop this depression is not to be here anymore and that by ending it I will finally get some peace. I am so scared of this dark pit and I cant seem to find my way out. I dont want to hurt my husband and children any more but they deserve so much more than I can give them. I feel scared of what I might do to myself. I feel so tired of feeling this way all of the time. I just want to escape from the hold that my depression has on me. I feel that every thing is out of my control and I dread every new day that starts as I feel that I am only existing and not living.
I just don't want to be like this any more I want to be some where away from this depression some where I can find some peace.

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am

last year i felt like this for a week.i mean seriously seriously depressed.i had the home treatment team every breath i took i felt as though i would die.i didnt wanto be alive anymore.id look at my dog and would talk to my mum and just cry.i wanted to be dead,absolutely and finally away from my emotional turmoil and pain.
thank god i got through it.
i really think im getting how bad you feel

stop.and think.your children will so not be better off without you.there is a way out of this.
depression is an illness that CAN be treated.yours can be too.
i beg you to persevere for your own sake and of those you love.

why dont you try coming on here more.see if that helps.
im thinking of you tonight and hoping you are ok

take good good care
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

francessmith

Postby francessmith » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 am

Hi rj turner,
just read your reply just wanted to say thank you so much for your support it meant such a lot to me to know that someone else understands how I am feeling. I am sat here reading your reply with my husband its the first time that I have shown him what I have been writing and feeling, it feels good to know that I am not so alone with this black cloud that contiues to follow me around. I have an appointment tomorrow with the crisis team but I don't feel very hopeful that they will be able to help me in anyway. I often feel so alone with my thoughts and feelings but most of the time I just feel really scared that I may act on one of my destructive thoughts some times the urge is so strong just to end it all and escape to some where peaceful, but I dont really want to leave my husband and childrren. Every day I struggle with my depression and I have been admitted to hospital a few times which did seem to help for a while. You would laugh if I told you that I have almost finished my training to be a counsellor and that I help people like me every day but some how I cant seem to be able to help myself. I feel so tired some times and find it so hard to carry on doing every day normal stuff, I often feel that I will never reach the top of my mountain no matter what I do. Things have been worse since christmas when I had a family bust up and I am now no longer in contact with my family, which actually has done me a favour. Some times things come to a head and I completly loose control and go into mental melt down, this happened a couple of weeks ago and my husband ended up calling the police as a last resort to keep me safe. I just wish that I could have just a couple of days where I feel like a normal person and be a good wife and mum to my children. They deserve so much more as they are wonderful. Anyway thanks for being there for me it means so much to be understood.

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 pm

you are a truly wonderfull person.im so glad what i said has helped a little.as my posts show family problems can certainly exacerbate a persons problems.
im so glad your husband knows how you feel now.i really really hope you get the support and help you need
take good care
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

francessmith

Postby francessmith » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:57 am

Hi rj turner,
just thought I would keep you up dated on how I got on yesterday at my meeting with the crisis team. They were really helpful and supportive to both my self and my husband, we were in the meeting for over an hour talking about how I am feeling right now and the trigger for this latest episode of depression. They seem to think that the bust up with my family at christmas started off my symptoms again. Between us we have put together a support system which they think will be helpful and they are arranging some cbt therepy for me and reviewing all my medication.
I spent most of the hour crying, but at least now they know how crap I am feeling right now.
I am still struggling and living hour by hour, but I dont feel so alone now. I still feel really scared of what I might end up doing to myself as the feeling of wanting to end it all is sometimes over whelming and really powerful. At the moment I can only see the black cloud that hangs over me all the time, and the future is impossible to think about. I am finding it hard to sleep at night as thats when my thoughts are at their worst. I am trying to keep myself safe by not being alone, and when I feel scared or out of control I put myself to bed and stay their as thats where I feel the safest. I know people must wonder what I have to be depressed about as I have a wonderful family who love and care for me and I am at the begining of a new career doing something that I love, but knowing this does not help if anything it makes me feel even more guilty. But thanks to you and the support of my family I am hoping that things will get better but I know that it will take time. RJ thank you your support it has meant so much to me I would like to send you hugs xx

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 am

i am so so pleased people know how you are truly feeling now.
it really sounds like things are going to change for you.really it does.
imso pleased they all listened and you feel more hopefull.
the black cloud can and will lift.you know,it may not ever dissapear completely forever but it will enough for you to function and be happier with your feelings and your life.

i pray that things continue to get better for you.each day take things slowly.
lets do it together?
i will think of you in my darkest times and i will know i am not alone and others have felt as i do and pulled through

take amazingly good care.talk soon i hope

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

Return to “Safe Room”