Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

drinking

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
tracie

drinking

Postby tracie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 pm

since friday i have been drinking by sunday i ahd gone through 2 70cl bottles of vodka and half a bottle drank over last to days as well not coping and in self destruct dont care want out

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: drinking

Postby judithj » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:26 pm

if you are using alcohol to dull the pain of everyday life, then you need first of all to get some facts about it and how it affects you. take a look at http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/facts for information about alcohol and then see if you are becoming reliant on it. remember that alcohol may wipe things out for a while, but it is a depressant, so if you're using it to make you feel better, then you need to stop, hugs, Judith xxx

tracie

Postby tracie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:55 pm

makes me feel better and blocks things out

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 pm

so you're giving yourself 2 problems: dependence and metal health problems. the alcohol won't help you get better, and may make it difficult for you to get help. if you've got support of any sort, then you need to talk about your drinking so you can find different ways of coping.
seeing a friend killing themselves through alcohol abuse, knowing there's nothing you can do to help them is something i wouldn't wish on anyone, and it's not a pleasant way to go, hugs, Judith xxx

tracie

Postby tracie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 pm

dont drink normally only when unwell dont have anyone to talk to my cpn is really not much good and she cancelled me yesterday and not rang me to give me another appointment but really do not care

judithj

Postby judithj » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 pm

if she hasn't heard from you, maybe she thinks it's ok to leave it a bit longer, or maybe she's ill. either way, you can phone to ask when she'll be coming. if you need to talk, then Samaritans are good, hugs, Judith xxx

tracie

Postby tracie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 pm

she cancels a lot plus she either on a course on leave or ill know nothing can be done for her being ill she never calls me its me what chases which not prepared to do anymore makes me far to stressed out to be calling her and get told the above and that she will ring and never does and it still ends up me ringing over and over again

Return to “Safe Room”