Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Frightened of first day back to work

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
van

Frightened of first day back to work

Postby van » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Hello, this is my first time. I have been off work with depression and anxiety and so frightened about going back to work in 2 weeks time as my relationship with my manager is not good. I am frightened of even walking in the door.

hay123

Re: Frightened of first day back to work

Postby hay123 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:02 pm

When going to your going to work, affirm that everyone is professional and that any misconduct stays within the professional scope of things. Build up some of your confidence, ask to have a chat or sit down about the issue. I would say you must know where you stand and the outcome(1,2,3) that you are looking for.
Last edited by hay123 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to be helpful as I can, helps me with my mental health. And I don't realise enough from myself, Is what I understand from myself. :roll:

van

Postby van » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:35 am

Thank you for your reply. I have cried at lot at work due to my depression and anxiety and have been told as i am team lead it is not up to my team to suport me which is quite right so am fearful of crying. My manager says he will onlyspeak of operational issues so i feel quite alone starting back. I have been told if my gp has signed me back as fit i am capable of doing all tasks but because bullying at work over long time by ex employee exacerbated this, i dont feel fit but have to go back.

albertinageller

Postby albertinageller » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:30 am

The more you will think the more it will get worse. Don't think about it and make yourself comfortable and confident. Tell yourself that you can do it. If your GP has signed that your fit than your should not worry about anything.

van

Postby van » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:20 am

Thank you for reply. Today occupational health rang saying my employer are disputing independent doctors assessment as fit so i feel even worse and worried about my job as well as returning.

van

Postby van » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:44 pm

I have just seen what employer sent to occy health and it mentions emails that i have sent that are paranoid and my manager wrote he had not witnessed bullying which is so hurtfull as he was in some metings with me and did witness. I feel so alome

Return to “Safe Room”