Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

family

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
myheadspacerace

family

Postby myheadspacerace » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:53 pm

I am a schizophrenic that has depression also. Because of my schizophrenia and how it manifests I have been subject to gangstalking. My Father ever since I moved near has always been a little emotionally detached from me as if I was a burden. The gangstalking has led to my Father and other family members getting stick of one form or another. The last time I was with my Dad he was very nasty to me. So now I am determined to be assertive and set some clear boundaries. He will get in touch and ask if I want to spend Christmas with him and my Brother, who is the same. They both gaslight me too. So I am going to say no and if he asks why I will just say I don't want to. Before this would lead me on a downward spiral but now I feel that I have tried all I can and I must look after myself now. I just have to keep reminding myself the reality of my relationship with my Dad and brother. I wish that they could be honest with me but that will never happen. So I have hope for new beginnings and I can leave behind what will be skeletons in the closet.

Return to “Safe Room”