Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Getting Upset With This Forum

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
dizzy.miss.lizzy

Re: Getting Upset With This Forum

Postby dizzy.miss.lizzy » Mon May 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi

I am new here and not very good with forums, on top of really struggling with my conditions and circumstances.

I will try to answer more posts yours included but it may take me a while to learn to navigate the site and know what to say as I am aware my words will have an impact on everyone who might read them, especially yourself if it's your threads I am replying to.

Guess we are all wishing to be tactful and diplomatic and maybe some just find it too difficult to get right?

Patience is always required, some folks don't get much on-line time, I know I don't.

I wish you and everyone better times ahead soon

hyster

Postby hyster » Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 am

this site is very badly designed, this forum is on a 4th level when it should be 2nd using a direct link from any web page

d08an2412

Postby d08an2412 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:58 am

Hi must say from own experience using this site , normally you would get a response from the people who run the site just to say , something ie " your not alone etc etc and I find it upsetting that someone said replays have been quiet for 4 years omg what bull where are the normal site over lookers you are meant to be there to reassure the users they was defo there recently ? This is what annoys me so much where we are there is no consistent help anywhere ! It's terrible from all angles we are reaching out and it's down to someone's indivisible choice ie overlookers on this site , not members replies , whether they can be bothered ! Anyone that knows what it's like and being an overlooker would reply at all times . Fact is they just let people down and really should not have taken the role they did because it's important to get a reply just to say your not alone they go under different alias which they did before and I know that but it still made you feel that your not alone and now seeing this post is unacceptable in my eyes . Need to get a better team on board or close the site as it's not helping how it is now to have a post like this . Just had to state the facts

hyster

Postby hyster » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:17 am

the forum is for members to help members, share there stories and to talk to like minded people.

the moderators are ONLY here to run the board and keep it clean, there not here for hep and support, there is a phone line and text support links on the sites main page.

ooby

Postby ooby » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 am

These forums have not been the same since Sane made the calamitously, unintelligent decision to stop private messaging .
Good posters left in droves because of it , and traffic slowed right down.

jonnymiaow

Postby jonnymiaow » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 am

Hey,

I'm new here, sorry to hear that the forums took away private contact. As an anxiety sufferer, I know that sometimes I only feel comfortable in private conversations, it feels harder/impossible to expose all your flaws to the entire internet. It's also a lot harder to get others to open up so you can offer support, in front of the entire internet.

I was surprised how difficult it has been to find a place where people with similar mental health issues can socialize and form meaningful connections with other humans who might actually understand.

Good to see you still have a few friendly active members at least.

Return to “Safe Room”