Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

dire

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
Foggy1

dire

Postby Foggy1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi
I am posting on several forums because i don't know which is best for me so please bare with me. Things are dire. I am in a psychotic episode where i am having visual and auditory delusions. I get no peace as the are so prevalent and cruel. I don't know how i can cope much longer. My wife is so stressed she is at her wits end and doesn't know what to do for the best. I feel guilty for this and that's why on my last visit to hospital i felt suicidal. This is because i felt she would be better of without me Also my suicidal ideology was underpinned by the knowledge that my Bi polar would bring me to further admissions to hospital with similar symptoms. I am so tired and chewed to pieces. I am simply so ill i can't see the wood for the trees.(another acronym)

Things are so bad my cpn called today and she is coming next Monday. In the meantime she has spoken to my pdoc who has prescribed diazepam. 5 mls twice a day if needed. I don't know what else to say other than any posts in reply may be of some comfort or to suggest coping methods which might help

Take care

Foggy

breatheinandout

Re: dire

Postby breatheinandout » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:51 am

Hi Foggy, how are you doing today? Sorry to hear how bad things are for you right now.

Its ok to post on different forums, I get a bit lost on this site myself ;)

I don't know much about bipolar with psychotic episodes but it sounds scary. what sort of delusions and hallucinations are you having? Is there anything you find helps distract you - doings tasks round the house or garden, music or sport commentary on your headphones?

Wondering if your cpn is coming tomorrow. You said next Monday so i wasn't sure. Hoping you have a good relationship with him/her - can you be open about how you're feeling?

There is no shame in needing hospital admissions (so much stigma but no shame)

Sending hugs to you and your wife
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: dire

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Keep us posted foggy

It helps keep things open chugging along - day by day
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Return to “Safe Room”