Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

on the edge

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
Foggy1

on the edge

Postby Foggy1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi guys. during one of recent posts spoke of being high then low. I feel vulnerable because i feel low and worried that i am going to be ill again. I spent 12 weeks in hospital this summer. I feel so guilty because we are expecting another bundle of joy in the form of a second grandchild. We, and especially my wife, need to be their for our daughter in law, her husband and our first grandchild. This downward trend at could not come at worse time. The pressure to be well is overwhelming and because i am spiralling dow nonly adds to such pressure.

Take care
Foggy
Last edited by Foggy1 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: on the edge

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Exercise and be social are the normal start points

Dont stress plan - so what ideas do you have so far
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Foggy1

Postby Foggy1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi upwards. Thank you for your positive response to my post. I am going to edit the last sentence of my last post because i can see that it's meaning is not clear or misunderstood. In answer to your question I do voluntary work one day a week,a gardening club, and look after my grand daughter at least twice a week. I try to keep this up for as long as i can but the very nature of my illness means that this is not always possible.

Take Care

Foggy.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Wow foggy you are doing loads already

Maybe add a constitutional walk every day 10 - 20 mins around the block -if you have one
Listen to music
Pick up the phone and ring someone
Sit in a cafe and read a newspaper

Keep a daily journal and try and workout what makes you better/worse

And then once you know that try and work out why that is the case

Give it a week and report back with your findings
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Foggy1

Postby Foggy1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks guys thank you on the edge you have some good ideas of which i will act upon.

I have posted in the newbies forum ( wrong forum i know) that i am feeling much worse. Things are not dire but heading that way. I would prefer to post in a more positive tone but things are what they are and it's no good trying to camouflage the situation. As i have posted elsewhere my CPN will be visiting me on Friday so i hope she will put forward a care plan. (Sorry if my grammar is poor for it's a combination of my dementia along with a poor concentration because of my depression)

Take care

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Why not try making two posts

One in your real tone

And then one in a more positive tone

You might find it interesting and helpful

I agree just false positive is not for me - but play at positive can be helpful

Return to “Safe Room”