Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Too anxious to go to the DRs

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
diatizzy

Too anxious to go to the DRs

Postby diatizzy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 pm

so some things happened at the Drs that were not pleasant, and now I am too panicky to go to the dr and need to go for ESA for physical health problems.
I fine them I think about going and my heart starts beating fast, then im dizzy and tired and feeling physically sick.
The fact that the whole process affects my physical pain is really not helping and I cant get past this funk, it's been years, and still I can not face going, to be treated like Im lying about my condition and feeling too depressed to argue, there's just too many problems im facing on my own it all seems impossible and it';s making me more anxious and sick.
I just don't know if I can do this anymore

PureFrustr8d

Re: Too anxious to go to the DRs

Postby PureFrustr8d » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi diatizzy,

I'm sorry to learn you feel this way. I understand the dread that kicks in when you think about it.

I crumbled on Sunday after reading an email from the job centre saying I have to go to an appointment on Wed. Pure panic set in. It clearly states in the email the appointment is compulsory.

Public trabsport
Unfamiliar town
Walking 15min from bus stop to the office
Unfamiliar office
People I've never met before
Communicating in a foreign language
...and to top it off be there for 9am!

I found out the bus times (online) and also went on google earth to find out exactly where the office is and planned the walk from the bus stop. I will leave the house early to break a note at the shop to get coins for my fare. I'm trying to think about it practically.

Make the appointment. Plan how you will get there. Take notes of exactly what you need to say so you don't forget anything because of the stress. Plan the journey home. Be very matter of fact with yourself. You can do it!

I'm going to be a wreck and the moment I step foot in my home I'll drop but at least it'll be done. I have all the fear and negativity in my mind vs my willpower.

How about you look out the number and call now. Don't think about it, just be bold and brave and do it. I believe you can! Just tell yourself I need to do this for the ESA.

Let us know, best wishes,
Peace

missflowers

Re: Too anxious to go to the DRs

Postby missflowers » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 pm

hi both of you
im sorry you are under so much stress ,diatizzy ,i now it will be really hard to get to the doctors
but you have all our support ,let us know when the appointment is and i will be thinking of you
and also please let us know how you get on at the appointment

i wish both of you very good luck ,im sure it will turn out okay
lots of love Lu x
I used to be Lucretia on here
much love Lu xxxx

Return to “Safe Room”