Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Chronic Health Problem - Hip/Leg

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
greyf0x

Chronic Health Problem - Hip/Leg

Postby greyf0x » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 am

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all okay today... I really do. This site (I only discovered a day or two ago) has been a real comfort the past couple of days.

I had to have a Nerve Conduction Study (NCS) and an Electromyogram yesterday. Basically, an NCS is where they pass currents of electric through a place on your body to check that the nerve signals are working as they should. An Electromyogram is where they put tiny needles (like acupuncture) into your muscles and you have to tense to see if they're functioning correctly. :?

The test came out that I'm alright on both accounts. For most people this would be a point of celebration, but I'm back to square one with my chronic pain diagnosis. :roll:

So far, the X-Ray was clear so it's not my bones, the MRI was clear so it's not cartilage or ligaments, now the NCS and Electromyogram is clear so it's not my muscles or nerves... :(

I'm trying so hard to be positive, but I don't know what else there is for them to check.. I have to go back to pain management now but I don't want to just be put on medication and shooed away. On my worst days, I already have to take liquid morphine and paracetamol which really messes with my body (although, yes, the combination does subdue the pain for short bursts of time :roll: ).

I'm just really struggling to think positively here. I feel like no one believes how much pain I'm in, because only my husband, mum and mum-in-law have seen me in that way... :cry:

--GreyF0x

christabel

Re: Chronic Health Problem - Hip/Leg

Postby christabel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Understand your frustration.

The feeling that no one comprehends your illness/pain.

I hope you feel some ease. It can't be nice.

Take care. Chris

greyf0x

Postby greyf0x » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:49 am

christabel wrote:Understand your frustration.

The feeling that no one comprehends your illness/pain.

I hope you feel some ease. It can't be nice.

Take care. Chris

Thanks for your kind words, Chris. It doesn't help that I don't get paid when I can't get into work because of the pain. Also, the other week my boss hinted at the fact that I should see if I could "claim" from the hospital because they've been pulling me back for so many appointments.. :roll:

I have already decided that the next time I am at my worst, I'll still go into work. It sounds childish and petty, but they'll finally see that it's not something I've made up. Plus hopefully they'll think twice before they dock my pay.. I'm not just off with the sniffles, I seriously cannot walk when the pain is at it's worst..

Perhaps I should have gone to the Rant Room for this? :lol:

Thanks again, Chris.

--GreyF0x

nick22

Postby nick22 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 am

I can understand your problem, dealing with the stresses of chronic illness can be demanding and it puts extra pressure on you.

If you have a long-term illness or chronic condition, keep your doctor informed about changes in your health and discuss how often you will need check-ups.Social support can help you maintain your quality of life when you are not well – plan to catch up with friends and family. Support groups can help too.

trips1

Postby trips1 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:09 pm

hi

sorry to hear your having problems with your hip constant pain on top of low moods never easy have similar problem with my left knee. these things make it all the harder and make you wonder whats the point of it all guess the way i get by is to try and keep the mind busy i took up music a few years back easy on the knee if not on the ear. but it helps to take my mind off the pain and depression .

hope you feel better soon

Paul

Return to “Safe Room”