Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Anxiety

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
holly11

Anxiety

Postby holly11 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 pm

How it is best to cope with anxiety. I have been on beta-blockers, anti depressants. Have some counselling and nothing helps. Apart from food and purging /exercise

canary7

Re: Anxiety

Postby canary7 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi there,

I have suffered and still do at times suffer from bad anxiety and I always find the teaching methods and videos of Dr Claire Weekes fantastic. Her methods are very simple and take some practice but actually do work. You can find her videos on YouTube and there are books too. There is also a guy called Wonderbro on YouTube who is great and uses similar teaching methods. Anxiety is awful and debilitating and I have found these 2 people to have helped me so much. Hope this may help a little. Also breathing exercises are very useful. Best of luck xx

rsxo

Re: Anxiety

Postby rsxo » Tue May 16, 2017 5:32 pm

holly11 wrote:How it is best to cope with anxiety. I have been on beta-blockers, anti depressants. Have some counselling and nothing helps. Apart from food and purging /exercise

Hi Holly,

The important thing to find out is what is causing this anxiety. Is it to do with childhood experiences, or health, or perhaps something else? Finding the root is an important part of tackling mental health.

Next, go to your counsellor and ask for help to explore this, and plan a strategy to tackle it and cope. Counsellors are usually more effective when you have something specific you want to address, so have an idea of what you want to achieve out of it!

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Safe Room”