Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Really struggling

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
midspiper

Really struggling

Postby midspiper » Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 am

Hi people

I'm new and just found this place. It seems a breath of fresh air.

My name is Mark, I'm 43 and really struggling with voices atm. Was wondering how others manage them when they get bad?

I've done all the treatments, taken all the advice, but fact is, it's still a problem and the last week has been horrendous.

I'm a virtual recluse. I push people away. Real people. This is easier. Nobody to have to face.

So Yeah, anyone got any ideas? I take an anti psychotic amongst other things, try to meditate and use mindfulness etc but I just can't seem to get away right now and I feel I'm losing

love all
M

count-brakula

Re: Really struggling

Postby count-brakula » Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 am

Hi Mark,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.
I came across the intervoice website a while back (‪link below), there's a good chance you'll be able to find something that helps there.‬

‪http://www.intervoiceonline.org/‬

‪Take care,
‪Mike.‬

midspiper

Postby midspiper » Tue May 02, 2017 9:47 am

Thank you Mike, I'll have a look.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi midspiper,

Welcome to SANE!

Would you be able to explain these voices in more detail - what do they sound like, what do they say, when do you hear them etc?

Much love,

RSxo
RSxo <3

midspiper

Postby midspiper » Wed May 03, 2017 1:01 pm

rsxo wrote:Hi midspiper,

Welcome to SANE!

Would you be able to explain these voices in more detail - what do they sound like, what do they say, when do you hear them etc?

Much love,

RSxo

Hello again. I just replied to you in the newbie room about isolation!

*** possible trigger warning***

Voices have usually been one of each sex, very demeaning, belittling and insulting. They take great pleasure in pointing out my worthlessness etc. The male is worst. I believe he originated from nightmares of abuse. It's a demonic kind of version of that person's voice.
Recently though, I've not had much verbal but almost constant sniggering and laughing from both but predominantly him. I call him my beast. The beast is nothing but malevolent.
This laughing is really what I'm struggling so much with at the moment. It's just inescapable.

Mark

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Wed May 03, 2017 5:26 pm

midspiper wrote:Hello again. I just replied to you in the newbie room about isolation!

Voices have usually been one of each sex, very demeaning, belittling and insulting. They take great pleasure in pointing out my worthlessness etc. The male is worst. I believe he originated from nightmares of abuse. It's a demonic kind of version of that person's voice.
Recently though, I've not had much verbal but almost constant sniggering and laughing from both but predominantly him. I call him my beast. The beast is nothing but malevolent.
This laughing is really what I'm struggling so much with at the moment. It's just inescapable.

Mark

That sounds awful frightening :/

So is it like an overly critical guardian or parent, that thrives on pure hatred?

RSxo
RSxo <3

midspiper

Postby midspiper » Fri May 05, 2017 12:44 am

rsxo wrote:
midspiper wrote:Hello again. I just replied to you in the newbie room about isolation!

Mark

So is it like an overly critical guardian or parent, that thrives on pure hatred?

RSxo

Pretty much yes. In my case I think it is a form of my uncle :(

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri May 05, 2017 5:54 pm

midspiper wrote:
rsxo wrote:

Mark

RSxo

Pretty much yes. In my case I think it is a form of my uncle :(

Would you mind describing your uncle - what is he like?

RSxo
RSxo <3

midspiper

Postby midspiper » Sat May 06, 2017 10:10 am

[/quote]

Pretty much yes. In my case I think it is a form of my uncle :([/quote]

RSxo[/quote]

Nasty, abusive, pervert, evil, manipulative, brilliant at appearing to be saintly

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Tue May 23, 2017 4:55 pm

midspiper wrote:

Pretty much yes. In my case I think it is a form of my uncle :([/quote]

RSxo[/quote]

Nasty, abusive, pervert, evil, manipulative, brilliant at appearing to be saintly[/quote]

And would you say that these describe the beast in a similar way?
RSxo <3

Return to “Safe Room”