Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Self harm

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
lovelyandstrangethings

Self harm

Postby lovelyandstrangethings » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi again guys

So I self harm a bit different for over a year I have worn a wristband. One that I can tighten if I want to hurt myself and then I can loosen to not hurt myself as much (so I'm still in control as other forms of self harn) underneath my wristband my skin is badly bruised. No-one knows as it just looks normal but I saw my Care Co-ordinator the other day and she asked what it was just as she was called out of the room so I had a lucky escape but I'm seeing her again in 2 weeks, how can I avoid her seeing the damage I have caused to my wrist?

squirrelf

Re: Self harm

Postby squirrelf » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Hello L,

Can you say why you self harm?

Kind regards

lovelyandstrangethings

Postby lovelyandstrangethings » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:29 pm

why? when emotions get too high and I cant cope

squirrelf

Postby squirrelf » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:45 am

Hi, L (hope you don't mind me calling you L as you have a long name and it saves time)

i'm not sure what you mean when you say "when emotions get too high" can you explain a bit more?

Take care

so sad

Postby so sad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:43 am

HI

Try and tell her. I self harm and hide it all but my therapist knows I do it. She needs to know so she can understand how strong your emotions get for you and that this is how to try to manage them.

She'll have seen and heard it all before, sadly its probably classed as reasonably normal for people with depression and anxiety.

Try to remember, her knwoing doesn't take the option away from you but it does give her some crucial insight into how hard things are for you.

Hope I've not spoken out of turn

Good luck with it

x

Return to “Safe Room”