Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feeling low

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
christabel

Feeling low

Postby christabel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:05 am

Having an episode of not being able to sleep and can't seem to use my mind. Thinking is not coming easy to me which has made me realise that I'm having one of my waves of depression.

It has crept up without me really realising. The upset of having a family member being nasty and the death and funeral of a friend has obviously taken it toll and set things away.

This time of year does not help either. I always wish it was over with. Can't be bothered with it. It's just moneymaking over indulgence. Doesn't help the anxiety at all.

Hope you are all as well as you can be and that I start to feel in a better place soon. X Chris

andthistoomustpass

Re: Feeling low

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:44 am

Hi Chris

You're not alone with the sleeplessness tonight.
I'm going to try something new, accepting the thoughts as background noise but not letting them stop me from laying down and closing my eyes.

My supportive thoughts are with you.

I hope your mood starts to curve up again soon.

G'night

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:48 am

Hi

Might have had a couple of hours sleep but on the sofa as I could not lie awake in bed any longer but even that was interrupted twice with cramp in my bad foot so was hopping round the room.

I have to put radio on or catch up tv if I can't sleep because of tinnitus so I don't think the accepting thoughts would work for me. Hope you had success with it though.

Hope your day goes well. Thanks for the support.

Take care. Chris

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 am

Trying to shake this mood. Putting music on and will try smiling. See if that helps.

Here we go again. :roll:

cathybear

Postby cathybear » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:59 am

Hi Chris,

I really struggle with sleeping too. I am so much of an over thinker so as soon as I switch my light off to sleep my brain starts going wild with anxieties or bad thoughts. My therapist recently suggested that I write down my thoughts that swirl around my brain throughout the day as they come to me or when they are bugging me most because then when I go to bed my brain knows that I have already thought of that particular thing and it doesn't need to take up space going in loops around my brain. And then when I have some time in the following few days and am feeling good enough I can go back to the list I have written down (which I am constantly adding to) and I can pick out a point or two and let myself think about it or try sort it out in my head in that set time, and then after that I can try let myself know that I have dealt with that particular worry or concern for the day.

I still am a bad sleeper but I have found that I feel somewhat less anxious when I try fall asleep. I have always liked writing and making lists, and by putting my thoughts to paper (I even just do bullet points that might not make sense to others!) I feel a bit more in control of what is trying to destroy me in my head.

How are you doing now? It sounds like you have had a lot of heavy things to deal with recently so it is completely understandable that you are feeling lower than usual. This time of year is always quite tricky too. Please let me know if you need anything. I would like to know how you are doing if you would be willing to share x

leona004

Postby leona004 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 pm

christabel wrote:Trying to shake this mood. Putting music on and will try smiling. See if that helps.

Here we go again. :roll:

hello, this topic is very useful and interesting but can give more solution please!?
thanks!!

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:27 am

Hi all

Well I'm still not sleeping. If I'm not too bad regarding the depression I can shrug it off thinking it's just the way I am and it won't kill me. When I'm not feeling too good it can really make me anxious and fretful.

Most of the time it is not my mind working overtime but I just can't go to sleep, no matter how tired I've been. Often I never feel tired which is a strange feeling.

I don't drink caffeinated drinks on a evening and try to wind down as the night progresses. Although I have had depression for a long this as definitely got worse.
I've always loved my bed but not anymore.

I'm trying the moment to have more of a easy going attitude to things. We have been having alot of things going wrong or hitches . Nothing that can't be put right but I was letting it upset me too much.

Making lists sounds a good idea. Will give that a go if needed. I think getting bit exercise outside helps. Just a bit walking if I can. Also lacking in vitamins and iron causes me problems so I take a supplement now and then and drink chamomile tea.

Hope you are as good as you can be. Take are x Chris

Return to “Safe Room”