Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Lonely

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
fern567

Lonely

Postby fern567 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:10 am

I have recently been diagnosed with Cyclothymia and am finding it very hard to cope at the moment. It was hard to cope before knowing that it had a name but now it feels more real.
I feel so lonely at the moment, I am alone for 3 months this summer and am scared I won't be able to cope. I told my housemates about my 'problem' but they didn't seem to listen and instead spoke about themselves. It feels like I'm always there for people but I never seem to have anyone to talk to.
Being on my own at the moment is making things hard to cope with because I don't have anyone I have to pretend around, I don't have to pretend to be happy anymore because no one is around. Usually I am fine on my own but at the moment I am struggling and am finding my downward spirals are becoming longer and darker. It feels like no one cares and I'm worried something bad will happen when I don't mean it to. I just want to feel safe and positive.

acorn

Re: Lonely

Postby acorn » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:07 am

Hello fern and welcome to sane

Is there anyone you could visit for a few days to break up the three months alone? When I'm facing long stretches I find it helpful to go visiting maybe once a month to get me out doing something. If not then it might help to think of things that get you out and interacting. A book club maybe? Or a hobby class such as pottery if you like that kind of thing? Maybe some volunteering somewhere you feel passionate about for example at an animal sanctuary or rescue centre if you like animals or perhaps in a mind charity shop.

I can relate to feeling you are there for everyone else hut no one wants to listen to you. It's jot a nice feeling but you will find someone willing to listen here. It may take a little while for someone to come on in the right headspace as we all have difficulties of our own but someone will answer you as soon as they can.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

lonely2

Postby lonely2 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi Fern,

Sorry you are feeling so lonely - thought I would reply seeing as my name is Lonely2!

Recently I have been feeling really low and can relate to your feelings of being alone. I thought about what kind of things I enjoy doing and tried to find something to do around my hobbies/interests. So far I have:-

Joined a knitting group that meets every fortnight - I have met some lovely people and we have a laugh. I have also knitted things that I never would

Done an art class for a day - I painted 2 pictures using acrylic paints and found it really relaxing. I want to do some more classes

Volunteered at A race for life - however I didn't find this helpful. I was there all day and was a race Marshal. It was very lonely and noone really spoke to me.

Found a book group but I haven't been yet!!

You need to find things to do to be around people. I enjoy going to the library some times just to not be alone. I have also joined a gym and the exercise helps with my mood but it is not very social.

Look after yourself and stay safe xxx
It's hard to keep a secret when it's written all over your body.

It makes you feel able to cope with life, while at the same time it's destroying you.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:48 am

I reported this spam post a few days ago, and got a message saying it had already been reported - but it's still not been deleted. :(

Return to “Safe Room”