Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Needing help from my virtual friends

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
alisontiz

Needing help from my virtual friends

Postby alisontiz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:32 am

Hello,

I've been told by my husband this evening that I am depressed. He is right, of course. Because my family wanted me to see a doctor, ten days ago I wrote to my new GP who I've never met (my own GP of 28 years retired about a year ago and I haven't wanted to see anyone else since). Like so many others, my cmht dumped me some time before Christmas so I have no cpn now. In fact I have no one at all. So I wrote my letter and I put everything in about my physical and mental ill-health. It was hard to do. My letter was delivered by hand and put through the surgery letter-box. Ten days later I have summoned up the courage to ring. The receptionist tells me there is no trace of my letter and that it has never been received. So who has it? Who is sniggering and whispering about the things I wrote? Who could it be? I feel very fearful about it. I don't know who has got that information about me and I don't like the whisperings. My husband has asked me to print another copy of my letter and he is going to hand deliver it again tomorrow. I don't know what will come of it. I don't think there is anything that can be done for me. This is kind of the end of the road. There is no time and there are no resources to put me back to who I should be. Time is running out. I can't write any more because I have promised to go to bed on time and not to stay awake until 3 or 4am looking at things on my phone. So I have to go. Thank you to my wonderful friends here. Alison

ooby

Re: Needing help from my virtual friends

Postby ooby » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:58 am

Alison,try not to panic. Knowing what klutzes receptionists can be it might be your letter was inadvertently mislaid. Can you deliver the letter by hand straight to the receptionist at the desk rather than posting it through the letter box?

Would you see the new GP if your husband accompanied you for moral support? It is bad that the CMHT dumped you. Was a reason given and an option to re refer if you think it necessary?

acorn

Postby acorn » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:07 am

Hello Alison

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. In your shoes I would make an appointment and actually give the letter the the dr. It's likely that they just lost the letter. GPS surgeries get so much mail it doesn't always get to the right place when posted. I understand that it's distressing for you though.

I hope you are sleeping soundly now.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:03 am

Hi Alison

I agree with acorn. Also has the surgery got a manager they should look into the fact that important mail has been lost.
Feeling for you Alison. Take care xxx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:50 am

Hi Alison

I agree with everyone else here, your letter got mislaid without anyone reading it. Personally delivering to the receptionist woul ensure it went to the right place

Isap

alisontiz

Postby alisontiz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:10 am

Thank you all so very much. I really couldn't manage without you. My husband has delivered a copy letter into the hands of a receptionist. I wouldn't like to see the new GP with my husband. He doesn't cope with me being ill. He's been telling me how I'm making my world smaller and smaller even to the extent of the number of rooms I go into in our house. I hadn't realised. I don't know whether the GP would come to see me at home. I don't expect so. The cmht just got bored with me I think. It's supposed to be a service just to support people for a few weeks but I'd been under them for a few years ... As well as the crisis team who come twice a day a few times. When I was dumped,I swore I would never have anything to do with the NHS again as I don't trust any of them, not one jot. But my family have been on and on at me to see someone, hence my letter. The GP doesn't know me or who I'm meant to be so I see no point in meeting her. Thank you again for your reassurances about my so called lost letter. I don't believe for one minute that it hasn't got into the wrong hands. Dealing with the NHS can be very dangerous.

acorn

Postby acorn » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Hello Alison

The nhs is stressful isn't it? I hate all the time limitations on things and the fact there is nothing for long term illness. It's not your fault you are chronically ill and length of time under treatment should not mean that all support stops after all your needs don't change. I'm sorry you have been treated so badly and completely understand your reluctance to speak to them but you need help.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

alisontiz

Postby alisontiz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:36 am

Thank you Acorn. The GP rang today but I didn't pick up. She left a message to say she'd ring back later. I thought maybe I would listen to what she had to say. She didn't ring back.

acorn

Postby acorn » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Oh Alison :( and after you'd thought to yourself you would listen to them too.

Logic says she probably got really busy, but emotions feel differently I know.

sprinkles

Postby sprinkles » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:18 am

Dear Alison
How are you today?
I just wanted to send virtual hugs and caring, I am so sorry things are so tough for you, you give so much - remember to take time and be kind to you too ok? Its so hard ringing people up especially professionals, is there any way you could ask your husband to ring for you and then pass you the phone when he gets through to the Dr? I have a phobia talking on the phone so my husband regularly rings for me as I struggle to hear too.
Please say if there is anything I can do to help in any way.
Take care
Sprinkles

Return to “Safe Room”