Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

No one cares

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
KQ

No one cares

Postby KQ » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 pm

How come people don't reply to me ?
What is the point of posting if I don't get no replies ?

MythEagle

Re: No one cares

Postby MythEagle » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi KQ
try not to take it personally. All forums have quite times where people aren't able to support others or aren't around to help.
I'm here for a bit if you want to talk
ME
You are braver than you think, and stronger than you know.

KQ

Postby KQ » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi ME

I am struggling at the moment and I just had enough I just wish it was a quick fix :(

Just to let you know Yesterday Tuesday 7th January I went to the hospital to see my psychiatrist for an hour. Once again the psychiatrist has upped one of my medication and I got a full MOT while I was there. I had a ECG and bloods done. I go back in May.
I think the appointment went well with the psychiatrist but with me I want a quick fix. Plus the psychiatrist even said I should exercise more. I just has enough of it all to be honest with you.

Today I had a phone call of the Mental Health Team. They are coming out to assess me
What does that I mean ?
Is it a good or bad thing ?

I hate myself
I hate life
I hate having depression

MythEagle

Postby MythEagle » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:36 pm

I think we all want a quick solution KQ but I don't think one exists. I wish I knew the answer to your question about the assessment, I've never had one so have no idea what you can expect or how it may help.

Does that whole "walking makes things better" really wind you up? It does me. Ok, I get that exercise can help, but for me I walk my dog usually for an hour or so every day and it makes bugger all difference. Do you feel like its a sticking plaster over a cavernous wound?

I do emapthise with hating yourself, life and depression. Try and hold on for the days when these feelings aren't quite so overwhelming. I know its not an easy task. Things will be better, never give up hope. Things aren't always quite so bad, they aren't very often perfect either I know, but snatch those better moments when you get them and cling on with everything you've got.

Sending a hug if you'd like one.

ME

barmcake

Postby barmcake » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:37 am

I agree; the "take exercise" thing just makes me want to scream. Depression often means being trapped in a box and not even being able to get out of bed. Just having a shower is a major achievement. As for the assessment: it will probably be a set of tick-box questions. At least it's a step in the right direction. I do hope you are given the help you deserve.

KQ

Postby KQ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Thank you for being here for me and thanks for replying.
I will let you all know how I go on with the assessment. My assessment is not till Wednesday 22 January

xxxx

Simba

Postby Simba » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi.
I was feeling like you. I posted last week and got no response. Thinking not even people in the same boat can help me is not good.
I'm new to this forum but not new to depression.
I've battled it for years, really struggling at the moment.
I finally have a nice GP who referred me to be assessed by mental health team. She told me I would see a psychiatrist.
I had the appointment today. I saw a nurse who asked some general questions, gave me some info about self help courses and that was it. I'm really upset and frustrated.
I hope you have more luck with it.

I hate the exercise thing as well. I see where they are coming from but, I agree that some days just getting washed and dressed is huge task.

Not sure I'm being helpful or just complaining, anyway, I hope you get some help and wish you luck.

Xxxx

KQ

Postby KQ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Thank you Simba and welcome to the forums.
Sorry to hear that the appointment didnt go well. What I have learnt that you go to fight for everything hun xxx

MythEagle

Postby MythEagle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Good luck for the 22nd KQ
How are you doing today hun?

ME

KQ

Postby KQ » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi ME

Thank you and I will let you know how I got on
To be honest with you I am struggling at the moment. I am just sick and fed up off putting a brave face on.
How are you hun ? xxx

Return to “Safe Room”