Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

suicide **trig**

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
Virella

suicide **trig**

Postby Virella » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm

How many paracetamol do you have to take?!!
I've tried it twice now, all I succeed in doing is sleeping in late and waking up with a hell of a headache.
Would hanging be better? I know if I fall/jump from a great enough height it will snap my neck and then it should be over with.
Can't slit my wrists. Can't cope with the sight of too much blood, and I imagine there'd be a lot.

Avalon

Re: suicide **trig**

Postby Avalon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Virella do not mess with paracetamol. It will destroy your liver. How many have you been taking? If it's more than eight at a time you need to go and get a blood test, you may feel ok now but it takes a few days to make you feel unwell. It won't kill you quickly it's a prolonged awful way to die and if it doesn't kill you you may end up needing a liver transplant. Someone I knew took a huge amount of them, ended up having a transplant and he lost his sight because of it. He went on to kill himself nine years later.
Go to your GP and ask for help, you don't have to go through this alone.

belle

Postby belle » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Please listen to Avalon.
Paracetamol OD is a very prolonged and horrible way to go.
Regular 'small' OD's can eventually have the same effect.
Please reach out for some help instead.
Can you call your MH team or go to A&E?
xxx

Virella

Postby Virella » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:31 pm

I've been to my GP, who was as useful as ever, suggested reducing my ADs, then decided to keep them as they are and just gave me two months supply instead of one.
I've taken two lots of 32 now, thought that would be enough to just do it right away. x

belle

Postby belle » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:35 pm

V if you have just taken 64 AD's in one go please, please ring for an ambulance now and tell them what you have done or go to A&E with the empty packets.
You matter - please hold on to that.
Please reach out for some help.
xxx

Virella

Postby Virella » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:43 pm

No no, I've previously had two separate lots of 32 paracetamol. My ADs are just being taken one at a time, daily.
I don't feel like I matter. Just moved into a new place with mum and step dad, and I'm not getting any time to sort my stuff out, all my time is spent sorting the garage out so my stepdad has somewhere to play with his f***ing trains, or the garden, which he's obsessing about for my mum. All my stuff is still in my living room and bedroom in boxes. I haven't even got a wardrobe. I'm living out of plastic bags.
We're supposed to be going out for a meal tomorrow night for my birthday, and everyone seems to have forgotten. They're all planning which house we're going to be moving instead. So I don't even know if we're still going. Not that it matters. Nothing to celebrate, another birthday, one year older, still single, still childless and still not wanting to be alive. Fantastic.
xx

belle

Postby belle » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:18 pm

V taking 30 paracetamol in one dose is considered enough to cause irreversible liver damage and it takes 5 days of lingering before you die. Perhaps you should really consider going to A&E for bloods. I know your mood is desperately low but you may have done enough damage for it to be too late.
I'm sorry your life is in such chaos.
Moving is a very stressful thing to do in the list of life stressors.
Re your birthday it is mine soon and I have had to organise something (I was scared to ask my friends because I didn't think they would want to do anything). Now I have received as last minute, ill thought out family invite today. Make me feel like crap tbh.
Please consider getting medical advice.
Take care.
xxx

craziememe

Postby craziememe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 pm

v, please go get your bloods taken. You've taken too many paracetamol for there to be no damage, trust me I'm an expert. Please get some help and keep talking to us here, you aren't alone xx
Craziememe

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 pm

That is actually enough to kill you Virella. You need to go to A and E NOW!!!

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Paracetamol does not kill you straight away like some drugs can, you can feel ok for a few days and then turn yellow and then it could be too late. One woman I lived with in a MH unit took only twenty something of them and didn't think they'd done anything she told someone who took her to hospital, the staff didn't believe her but did bloods and she was taken straight to ITU. She survived but it was a close call. Please go and get your blood tested.

Return to “Safe Room”