Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I dont know if I can cope... [*]maybe trig[*]

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
lonely2

Re: I dont know if I can cope... [*]maybe trig[*]

Postby lonely2 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Ali,
I can relate to all of what you say and how you are feeling right now. I often say that I just want to hide in my corner
I haven't got any answers I'm afraid except the normal response of 'you need a review from a GP or psychiatrist and you need to be honest with them'
Can you write down how you are feeling and what is happening and go and get some support before things get more serious like you losing your job?
It might be that you need a medication review
Try to stay around people when you are feeling suicidal or wanting to self harm - or distract yourself to get through the worse time. Look at www.nshn.co.uk as they have a long list of distractions that might help
Keep posting - there are people who understand and we need to help each other
Your last sentence says a lot in that you don't want to end your life, you just want to end all your pain...........keep fighting xxx
It's hard to keep a secret when it's written all over your body.

It makes you feel able to cope with life, while at the same time it's destroying you.

lonely2

Re: I dont know if I can cope... [*]maybe trig[*]

Postby lonely2 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 pm

You are doing really well - I'm glad you have asked for a review and I think you will probably find that MH services are generally slow - I left hospital a month ago and they still haven't got my notes or discharge plan!!!!
Sometimes you just have to not let things go and keep asking for support - I learn't that those who shout the loudest get more support, but I don't find that easy
The NSHN also has a helpline from 7 to 11pm - 0800 622 6000 I think you would find it really helpful to talk about your feelings of harming yourself
Hope you have a good night xxx
It's hard to keep a secret when it's written all over your body.

It makes you feel able to cope with life, while at the same time it's destroying you.

Return to “Safe Room”