Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

No energy left *trig*

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: No energy left *trig*

Postby judithj » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:54 pm

i'm relieved to hear from you, love, as i've been worried. i know you know deep inside that reducing your food intake is likely to cause an increase in seizures and make you feel weak, but i think you need to keep telling yourself that, and aim for a balanced diet. at the moment, you feel low, you focus on your body, you reduce what you eat which makes you feel weak and ill, while focusing on your body makes your body dysmorphia worse. i know you're tired, but you need to fight this. concentrating on the negative things makes you more aware of them. if you feel this site is helpful, then tell your mother this, and also tell her that unless you are actually making things worse by accessing sites which encourage you not to eat etc, then she has no right to decide what sites you DO access. you're not a child and you need support from people who know you and care about you.
please talk to your course leader or college counsellor about the way you are feeling, rather than skipping college, so they know that you're struggling.
with regard to your boyfriend, does he know anything about your previous experiences? it may be worth saying that you don't feel ready for anything physical yet, because you've had some bad experiences. you don't have to go any further than you feel comfortable with, hugs, Judith xxx

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: No energy left *trig*

Postby judithj » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:47 am

it may be that your college counsellor just isn't equipped to deal with mental health issues like yours: i suspect she's more used to dealing with things like anxiety, depression, homesickness, maybe alcohol/drug problems, and she probably has some experience with eating disorders, but BDD is probably a lot less common. by talking to you about holidays, shopping etc, she's probably trying to connect with you, help you realise the opportunities life has for you, without understanding that it's possibly making you feel more shut out. try to talk to her and help her to understand how your illness affects you, and also try to explain what your mum is doing. maybe she can help you talk to her, hugs, Judith xxx

Return to “Safe Room”