Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

cut trig

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
loubat

cut trig

Postby loubat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:18 pm

After trying so hard all night not to cut i gave in this morning just so tired had to give in,made myself come on here as i felt i would never stop maybe if i can help others will take my mind off me?????.....

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: cut trig

Postby judithj » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:45 pm

hi, love. i hope you've looked after your cuts and made sure everything is clean. something i've found helps when i've needed to cut is to ask myself if i can stop now, and to keep doing that, so that i'm making the decision to cut and it doesn't get out of control, hugs, Judith xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:51 pm

hi judith
thankyou for reply i cant go to A&E again or they will find out i do not control when i can stop the cutting wish i could
Lou

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:59 pm

how about when you feel like cutting using the 10 minute rule: put it off for 10 mins, do something else and reconsider after 10 minutes whether you need to cut, if so, can you wait another 10 minutes. keep doing that, then when you need to cut, do 5 cuts and ask yourself if you can stop. if not, then do the same thing again, so that you start to gain some control over it. it's not going to be easy and it will take time, but keep asking yourself "can i stop?" when you can, clean the wounds, and bandage them, clean the cutting things, dry them, put them away, and don't get them out again until you've gone through the 10 minute rule again. it's reduced the amount i cut, hugs, Judith xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 pm

thankyou judith i will try what you have suggested thankyou again xx

judithj

Postby judithj » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:35 pm

setting a timer for 10 minutes can be helpful especially at first, hugs, Judith xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:38 pm

being on here is a real help judith can have some respite for a little time at least,just wish i could sleep abit more to give my mind a rest
Lou

judithj

Postby judithj » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 pm

sometimes it can help to write down the things that are on your mind, then tell yourself "i'll deal with that tomorrow" - or tear it up. a warm bath with lavender oil can help too, hugs, Judith xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks again judith will try all you have suggested got a appointment on monday with gp hopefully she will give me some thing stronger as what im taking is not working.
Lou

judithj

Postby judithj » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:55 pm

ok, but sometimes meds can make it more difficult for you to sleep normally, hugs, Judith xxx

Return to “Safe Room”