Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Me

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
brok3n

Me

Postby brok3n » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:12 am

I always regret not finding a safe space to describe what has happened. Even if i get no response I feel better that i have been able to share it with others. This is why I've joined the forum, to be able to describe my life.

My yuong childhood before the age of 10 was good. But it was round this age where my brother became curious. I am also a boy. He did rape but I was so young I didn't understand, I believe the same of him as he is only three years older them. I believe due to my young age I may have been able to handle this better but I have another, nastier brother, belive it or not. He would, on a near daily basis, beat the living shit outta of me to where on occasion I have attempted suicde. My mother suffers from scizophrenia, to the point where she was committed after i was born. The beatings he would inflict on me also involved my mother and boy those memories haunted me for many many years. Nowadays she has receded into herself as she is also blind and deaf so when i see her i shower her with love as that is what she deserves. I digress, the beatings with my elder brother stopped around the time i smacked him with a hammer. By the time I left home I managed to get into uni, but this is where the downward spiral begins. I seek guideance from my peers but how do 18 years respond to this? I had what can be recognised as a relationship but becasue i was so traumitised and broken I didn't understand sex or even desired it, I just wanted to be alone. I then discovered drugs. There are few years involving heavy weed, mushroom and acid use. Fun but didn't solve my issues, only masked the pain.
After almost been stabbed a few times and oddly enough having a boyfriend as i was confused i met a girl. It begin over drugs and I opened uo to her, which was a mistake. She proceeded to call the police on me at any oppertunity she got, i became friends with her friends for a short peroid where i belive they were playing a game on me. It was an odd time that again involved drugs. It essentially ended with me getting a 12 month suspended sentance for stalking and a community order. I got along with the parole officer.
My problems are that I am finding it difficult to form relationships. I have suffered abusive relationships through friends and family and only had sex twice. I have a fear that i am crossing a boundry or burdening someone with my own personal issues. In that mindset of thinking i am burden i end up ruining any oppurtunity i have at a relationship. I cry about it as all I want is to live happily. I am not an abusive person as i work for a complaints line, i understand others emotions and am quite considerate. I just feel i am unloveable. I hate and loath myself. I no longer do drugs but I feel empty inside. I am not worthy of being in a relationship, be it a friend or something deeper with a woman.
There was someone i liked recently but she just got into a relationship with someone. I said goodbye and outta of fear of it becoming another stalking charge i have blocked all contact from her on social media. I feel empty. Scared. Worthless. I need to get over these emotions so i can form meaningful relationships or else ill just continue to hate my life working in these bullshit jobs listening to people complain about dumb shit like fridges and cookers.

dno.9

Re: Me

Postby dno.9 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:15 pm

Man you’ve had a tough time. I sympathise with you and don’t j is how you’ve coped. The drugs don’t help this situation I’m also one who masks my fears with alcohol and drugs. Anyone would see me as the happy man I appear when I’m smashed.
But I’m certainly not and need to get smashed quick so I can hide my fears and depressions. Relationships cannot be formed and real friends can’t be made either. It’s a spiral I’m in and need to talk to someone but I have nobody close only friends I get smashed with and they don’t really know the real me

battle-angel

Postby battle-angel » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:48 am

Hi mate,

you are very brave for sharing what you have been through. I understand that your experiences are beyond what one can say is difficult, however to be able to open up and perhaps even if small, letting things off your chest, seems like the right 1st step. I think you are doing great.. you said you have stopped doing drugs, that's another positive step right? I worked in London before, and studied in uni for 4 years there.. I am more than happy to help assist in terms of careers.. if you need help preparing for interviews, or perhaps a CV clinic or just to have someone to talk to further let things off your chest I'm here for you mate. Your story resonates a lot with me, and I'd love to be able to be a friend, where possible.

Please feel free to say hi, chat/rant/or anything really. I'm thankfully rich in time, so I can reply quick..

Im interested in road cycling, mountain biking, love dogs/cats, the outdoors.. we can chat about anything really !

Looking forward to hear from you my friend

battle-angel

Postby battle-angel » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:51 am

dno.9 wrote:Man you’ve had a tough time. I sympathise with you and don’t j is how you’ve coped. The drugs don’t help this situation I’m also one who masks my fears with alcohol and drugs. Anyone would see me as the happy man I appear when I’m smashed.
But I’m certainly not and need to get smashed quick so I can hide my fears and depressions. Relationships cannot be formed and real friends can’t be made either. It’s a spiral I’m in and need to talk to someone but I have nobody close only friends I get smashed with and they don’t really know the real me

Hey Dno,
More than happy to chat and be your new best mate, buddy. Let's turn that negative spiral into a positive one for you. let's chat !

Return to “Safe Room”