Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

what do i do

For poetry, art, writing, music - your own or others'
infamous

what do i do

Postby infamous » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:33 am

so ever since i was a child i have been drawing and its a good way to escape my world
but then depression took that from me i didnt feel happy like i did drawing before
a year ago i re started drawing making all my characters i have wrote into reality but without meaning too my partner says i spend way to much time on my projects and she feels im escaping and leaving her alone .. i dont mean to do that i dont but i get so into my creative side some times i forget essentails like eating drinking spending time with my partner but i also what to make my art into a career and maybe make a living of my passon but i also dont wana make my partner feel as if i dont want to spend time together because i really do i just seem to only put efort into 1 thing at a time
i have tryed to limit my self time but i never actaully stick to it because i like to draw again ...

what can i do ?
is my relatonship in trouble ?
and is it unhealthy for me to spend to much time on my art?

katyia

Re: what do i do

Postby katyia » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:45 pm

meh n yeah I have that problem
currently I'm not in a relationship for various reasons
but my creative urges are one of them

I have actually thought had partners
who wanted more space than I did !
a good partner will welcome a bit of space
as something healthy and will be excited
to plan other things for themselves while you are busy

so there may be a choice to be made
and I know what I would choose

x x x

rsxo

Re: what do i do

Postby rsxo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Hey :)

It's awesome that you love to draw, so much that you'd like to do it as your job! I think that drawing can be great fun, so I can understand why you can find yourself enjoying it so much.

But I do think that there's a difference between enjoying a hobby or activity, and enjoying it in excess to the point that you ignore the rest of your life. Remember, overdoing something can sometimes diminish the beauty of it - what makes something like drawing so amazing is that we don't spend all of our time on it, so that the time we do spend on it becomes even more special!

We play so many roles in life, and while one of your roles is 'artist', you're also a friend, a relative, a partner, and a human! As much as you love being an artist, remember not to neglect those other roles. It's important to look after the needs of loved ones and friends. Balance is really important to a happy and healthy life, and unfortunately, something that many realise once it's gone. Appreciate those around you that want you to be a part of their life - ignore it, and they'll close that door on you, for good in some cases.

I think it comes down to looking at yourself and being sensible. Remember that as much as you love to draw, you have relations and responsibilities to look after. I know you love to draw all the time, but part of growing up is taking on these responsibilities and roles and adjusting to an ever-changing lifestyle. Am I saying to drop the pencils forever? Absolutely not - enjoy drawing! But remember that there's a time and a place for everything, and that you have to have some balance in life. It's far better to appreciate it while everything is good and in place, for sure!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Creative Corner”