SANE Support Forum

new game for you atttmp

For poetry, art, writing, music - your own or others'
sirhugo

Re: new game for you atttmp

Postby sirhugo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:51 pm

my first thought was you'd posted in the wrong place :lol:

hangover + depression/anxiety = very very bad things. :lol: :? :cry: :cry:

you spend your time skipping through the leaflets. you find out the following nuggets

the company has been around since 1942

they donate regularly to local homeless charities

they say they want to "make the world a better place" :roll: :roll:

Soon you are called into a room with about 20 others. You are introduced to two of the companies directors. then they ask the room where they should visit in Glasgow

What the fuck??? :? :? :? :? :? you didn't see this one coming

will you give a joke answer?

will you give a serious answer?

or will you sit quietly and let someone else answer?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Indeed, very bad things but the stress release was worth it :lol:

Hmmmm... I didn't see that coming.

I'm not shy but as much as I would like joke by directing them to a well known drug den, or by telling them that I'm not sure where poverty tourists hang out, I want the job.

I'll give a serious but weird answer. Maybe direct them to an ancient and beautiful rose garden, planted on top of a plague pit.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:17 pm

I though I would throw in this curveball as its the exactly same question I was once asked at an open day. I was confused as you :lol: :lol:

not having a clue what's going on, you blurt out some spiel about a local haunted house you went to years ago and how interesting it was. The interviewers seem happy enough with your answer. several other people mention shopping centres and pubs and various activities and some just sit in silence. eventually some people are asked to leave the room. You realise that it was the people who said nothing.

suddenly the penny drops. they just wanted to see who had the confidence to speak up. You could have told them about some drug/whore den and they wouldn't have cared :lol:

soon you are taken into a room for one to one interview. They ask you the usual interview shit. Then they ask you what attracts you to work for this company. what will you say?

because they pay well?

because you just need a job, any job?

because you want to join a super fantastic growing all singing all dancing company?

because they want to make the world a better place?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:36 pm

My God, what a crap question to ask you!

I've had interviews where they expect you to say you have always dreamed of, and have a massive horn for, answering phones / stacking shelves / pushing brooms / etc. I suspect that it is a test to see if your spirit is already broken enough to put up with the rest of the corporate bull :lol:

My spirit is definitely broken enough! I'll tell them I want the job because the children are our future,
no, that's not it, I mean because I have fallen in love with the company and want its babies, ooops, no, I mean to say that I want to work with them because they want to make the world a better place.

Come on, buzzword bingo, work your magic!

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:15 pm

you may have a good point there. I think they want broken mindless corporate drones, not actual humans :lol:

remembering the buzzwords you read on there leaflet, you babble a spiel about how impressed you are that they want to make the world a better place. there eyes light up like Christmas trees. buzzword bingo is working. You continue spewing all the corporate crap you can think of and that seems to go down well. They then ask you what you know about the company

will you say that they donate to local homeless charities?

will you say that they are the world biggest toilet seat manufacturer?

Or will you say that they were founded in 1942?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 pm

I will swallow the little bit of sick in my throat arising from kissing backside so wonderfully well and say I know how wonderful they are for helping the homeless. That the thought contributing to a company that does so much good makes me so enthusiastic, engaged and motivated. In my mind I am imagining being given a job in finance so I can empty their bank accounts and throw the money off the roof. We'll soon see if genuinely sharing with others makes them feel as smug as throwing some spare coppers to charity does now.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:47 pm

do a sense a little bit of bitterness? unlike the murphys? :lol:

You go into ass kissing mode and say you know that that donate to homeless charities and that you think that is the dogs bollocks. There's eyes light up even more. clearly they think you are the mindless drone they are looking for. The interview ends fairly quickly after that. You are confident you have nailed it.

will you head to the pub for a celebratory drink?

or will you head back to your hostel?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 pm

:lol: A little bitterness, a lot of anger. I'm not great with authority or conformity :lol:

Da boozer!? Nae chance! I'm a reformed man. The only drug I need is to feel like a useful member of society *retch*. Back to the hostel for me.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:03 pm

where have you "borrowed" that quote from? :lol:

Having left the world of boozing behind, you head back to your hostel for a restful night. unfortunately you have no food left so you lose 2 HEALTH points (your HEALTH is now 3. ooh er :? :?

The next day you get a call confirming that you got the job. you start tomorrow and will get paid £50 a day (yeah I know you don't get paid daily in real life. work with me here :D)

so how will you celebrate your last day of freedom?

go shopping?

go to the pub?

go to the hospital?

try to rent a room?

ask to stay with friends?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:39 pm

What quote?

Shopping! FOOD!

Return to “Creative Corner”