Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

new game for you atttmp

For poetry, art, writing, music - your own or others'
andthistoomustpass

Re: new game for you atttmp

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:24 pm

I'll spit wipe my shiny suit and go to the open day. I think a call centre is the perfect place to build my confidence and feel appreciated. A nice leisurely job I imagine, taking one or two calls per day, having nice friendly chats with people. Sound like very friendly places, they certainly aren't stress filled hell holes injurious to mental health where the staff are seen as less important than a stapler.

Did I read your post right? Have you been off somewhere surfing?

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm

no surfing im afraid. I don't think I could pull off American surfer dude :lol:

I was off work for several days. had a trip to Edinburgh with some friends.

you are absolutely right about call centre work. it has been a massive boost to my self esteem :lol: ;) :roll:

You decide that your CV is about as useful as toilet paper so you decide to go the open day. since its not till tomorrow you have some free time before that. you cant stay online as your time has now ran out

Will you spend your free time chilling in your hostel?

or will you do some prep for your open day?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:07 pm

This is the new, motivated, successful me (unlike real me who's just left a pub :lol: ). Of course I'm going to prep!

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:34 pm

pubs. I've forgotten what they look like. haven't been in one for a long time

you decide to look into the company a little bit to find some vague sounding buzzwords that they like. online would have been ideal but typically you time is up for the day. then you remember there is another library a few miles away, but you might not make it before it closes. Then you think maybe you can turn up early tomorrow and see if they have any leaflets or brochures lying around with some useful info.

so plan A? dash to another library and flap about trying to get online for a few minutes?

or Plan B? chill tonight and head to the open day early tomorrow to do some research?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Just realised that my first thought when I come to this thread is how are you going to try to screw me over this time :lol:

Dashing sounds the most reasonable route but you'll have something happen on the way or I'll end up getting arrested after a row with a librarian or l'll get locked in overnight or something.

I'm going to be double cautious with a strawberry on top and go with Plan B. Nowt like arriving for a job well rested.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:18 am

you know this relentless suspicion of me is starting to upset me. I do not feel I deserve this. I have never screwed you and made sure you did very well at all times :lol: :lol:

oh all right your on to me :roll: I was planning on having you nicked on your way to the library. shame on me :oops: :?

You decide to go for the cautious approach and do your research tomorrow. knowing your luck your probably be arrested on your way to the library :P

you spend a restful night at the hostel and have nice dinner. (you are now out of food)

The next day you put on your shiny suit and head for that fucking SECC (watch kevin bridges :lol:) the open day starts in two hours. you are in two minds about how to get there. the train is quicker but pricier, and the bus, vice versa obviously

so will you go by bus?

or by train?

(which one will break down and have you miss the open day MUHAHAHAHA :lol: :twisted:)

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:30 pm

:lol: I hope you have picked before I choose

Trains generally aren't too bad for local journeys. Let's pay the price and jump on board!

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 am

Equaly impressive! :D

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:12 pm

equally impressive???? :? :?

You decide to take the train, hoping it will get you there earlier. subtract £2 from your WALLET You make a few stops with out incident. Then the train does not move for several minutes. an announcement blares apologising for a "temporary delay". bollocks

so will you scrap this and try the bus?

or will you.......

oh never mind, that's the train moving again ( :lol: :lol: :lol: GOTCHA!!!!!!!)

you arrive in plenty of time and have about 30 minutes to spare. a few people and sitting around the waiting room. you also spy a table loaded with leaflets and booklets bearing the company logo.

will you peruse these items whilst you wait?

or will you chat to the other candidates?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 pm

:lol: :lol:

'Equally impressive' was a sign that last night was spent drinking more than in years. 6 pints is more than I usually drink in a month. :o Was hammered and posted on wrong thread :roll:
Done the usual swearing off booze forever during hangover. Won"t last, maybe I need that de-alkie treatment in real life :lol:

Thanks for letting me get here, eventually :D I'll speed-read the materials, pick up some buzz words.

Return to “Creative Corner”