Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

anyone do crafts?

For poetry, art, writing, music - your own or others'
sunloverlass96

anyone do crafts?

Postby sunloverlass96 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello all
I wonder if you can help???......... I love doing crafts . but I wonder if there any crafts out there that don't tax the brain (sounds Weird I know) the crafts that I currently do really does tax my brain power. so I just wonder if there any crafts that sort easy to do . if you have any suggesters or can help that would be grate . :)
Mental Health . it's a horrible illness .

NeverGiveUp22

Re: anyone do crafts?

Postby NeverGiveUp22 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi,

you could try decopatch. It is really easy to do and the results are always lovely. Hobbycraft has the paper, the glue and various things to put it on. I'm planning on doing it to the frame of a cheap mirror and a boring clock. They have animals, letters, boxes. I've put it on small glasses for candles, on boring biros... There are probably lots of ideas on the net.

x

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
~Samuel Beckett~

ThelmaChen

Postby ThelmaChen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Make soap! Firstly, it's cool because Tyler Durden did that 8-) Secondly, it's really easy, you can buy a ready made soap bars in a craft store and add some food coloring and your project is done)

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:27 pm

No idea who tyler durden is but you can buy pure soap bars. Then you can melt it down in small amounts, mix in colouring and scented oil, then put it in a mould to cool. It's good if you have friends who are sensitive to some colours/perfumes as you can still put the melted soap into moulds, hugs xxx

Burntfruit

Postby Burntfruit » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I have a label printer, and I use it to catalog old coins. it keeps me busy, even if they are only a few pence. :mrgreen:

Kazibee

Postby Kazibee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:35 pm

I mainly do knitting I've found it of late that my corss stich has gone out the window due to how my mind is I just can't concentrate on delicate patterns yet simple things like making hats with knitting I'm fine with. Keeps my hands busy.

emarykate

Postby emarykate » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:42 pm

This is sort of one that I made up and went along with, and I found it to be very therapeutic and good for the mind-set. I printed off pictures that I liked, I would say a nature picture would be fun to do, and all I did was get a variety of different colour threads I liked, and sewed the outline of what was in the picture. It's very much like cross-stitch if you like, but a lot more freedom and fun to do with a picture you like. :)

Return to “Creative Corner”