Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Thoughts : Your biggest enemy and friend

Ask, explore, query, share
ansh

Thoughts : Your biggest enemy and friend

Postby ansh » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:41 am

I am very excited to share a personal story with everyone that I know can help some people out there dealing with mental health issues.

Some days back, I was feeling tired, exhausted, and down. I felt like I wasn't being productive and needed a break, whereas, on the other side, I wanted to work. It was a very confusing situation for me because I wanted to work, but I didn't feel like working, and if I didn't work, I felt unproductive and useless.

I have always had a solution-oriented mindset, and so I looked around for the root issue of this problem so that I can find a way out of mental struggle.
So, I took a day off, spent the entire day thinking about what the issue can be. Trust me, the first 2 hours, nothing came up in my mind, and it was frustrating.
But suddenly, things started becoming clear in my mind. And I realized that the issue was a particular thought that I had embedded in my mind "I do not like sitting and working on a laptop. I want to interact and work collaboratively with people. I want to go out and work".
Now, hang on. Let me explain.

This thought was something that I had been telling myself repeatedly over the past few weeks, and subconsciously it had been embedded into my head, and I didn't even know about it till I sat down and thought for a good couple of hours.
Now, what happened was this thought, subconsciously, was repeatedly giving way to thoughts like "I do not feel like working," "I want to go out," and many more similar ones.

That was the root issue of the problem, while usually, anyone would think it is because of burnout and other reasons.
I am sure this is the reason because as soon as I threw this negative thought out of my head (basically accepted it), from the next day itself, I stopped feeling tired, and I felt like working, and I was happy.

So before ending the story, I'll like to tell you what I learned from this particular incident.
"The root cause of all our problems is a thought that is embedded into our head in a conscious or subconscious form."
For example, we all are scared of ghosts. Why?
It is because the thought that we should be scared of them was put into our heads when we were young. Isn't it?

Do give it a thought, and I am sure you will also find answers to your problems.

I hope I was able to add some value to your life, and it definitely would be great to connect with you in the RealTalk community. I would love to see you there.

ericph

Re: Thoughts : Your biggest enemy and friend

Postby ericph » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, I have been thinking recently that the mind is a powerful tool like a chainsaw. When you switch the saw on, you have to be in control, you have to guide it and make it do what you want it to do.

Likewise with the mind, all your thoughts come from you, and you can learn to be in control and guide your thoughts to do what you want to do.

albertinageller

Postby albertinageller » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks for sharing and you are right thoughts are the only thing that creates all the problems. People have issue only because of their over things and that leads to stress, anxiety, and other mental disorders. If you can control your thoughts then you will get an answer to all your problem.

lou1

Postby lou1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:28 pm

Does anyone ever find that their thoughts are just one hazy mish mash though? I agree that it is really helpful to see what our thoughts are and to try to have helpful ones but sometimes my mind is just so frazzled that I can't distinguish separate thoughts; its just a haze; does anyone else experience that?

Return to “Information Exchange”