Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How do you deal with feelings of guilt?

Ask, explore, query, share
lunalady71

How do you deal with feelings of guilt?

Postby lunalady71 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi everyone. I'm wondering how do you all deal with feelings of guilt please?

I've hurt someone emotionally recently. It was never my intention to upset them. I expected they might have been but nothing has been said to me until today. To cut a long story short, in order to cut costs to my upcoming wedding, I've had to make the difficult decision in letting 3 of my bridesmaids go, including one of my oldest and trusted friends. I now know there were different options, but at the time it felt like the right decision. My friend is feeling better now, now that we have talked and I am glad she's told me how she felt. But now I feel like such an awful person. I've got silly scenarios going through my mind. I feel so guilty for hurting her. She wanted to know if I was ok and didn't want me feeling upset. Truth is I am but I don't want to tell her that cos I don't want her worrying or feeling the way she did again :cry:

rsxo

Re: How do you deal with feelings of guilt?

Postby rsxo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 pm

Heya :)

Awh, I'm sorry to hear how you feel. I think you should forgive yourself - you made the best decision at the time, and of course you didn't mean to hurt anyone in doing so. It sounds like your friend is okay, and the fact she's open with you on how she feels means you definitely have a strong friendship! Whatever happened has happened now, and no amount of regret or worrying will undo it, so it's best left in the past. It sounds like she's forgiven you, but you haven't forgiven yourself yet!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Information Exchange”