Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Son says he doesn't want to wake up anymore

Ask, explore, query, share
wendyone

Son says he doesn't want to wake up anymore

Postby wendyone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:59 pm

Where do I turn, I don't want him to feel like this and I do not want him to die. He talks about throwing himself under a lorry. Recently he has had some physical medical problems as well as his mental health problems and his brain damage. He still has not seen anyone in the last 4 years about his mental health , I cannot get him to trust any doctors at all and he does not believe anyone else can help him,Eg samaritans or sane. I am frightened each time he walks out of the door and today he has been ranting and raving and swearing. He has severe memory problems and he calls it disappearing out of his own head.
Sorry to go on.
Wendyone

rsxo

Re: Son says he doesn't want to wake up anymore

Postby rsxo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:45 am

Hey :)

Sorry to hear what you're both going through - it's awful as a parent when you hear your children say these kind of things. You want to help so bad, to remove the pain or comfort them in some way. But it's clear your son has gone through a lot, and might be scared about what's to come and maybe giving up. You've done all the right things by trying to encourage him to see a doctor, and I'd keep going with that. If you ever feel like his life might be in danger, then you need to call authorities/emergency services. But otherwise, keep doing what you're doing, and hopefully he realises that seeing a doctor is a really important step to getting betterx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

wendyone

Re: Son says he doesn't want to wake up anymore

Postby wendyone » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me.I will just keep on doing whatever I can.
Love to you
Wendyone

Return to “Information Exchange”