Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Help please

Ask, explore, query, share
chrisjd

Help please

Postby chrisjd » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi everyone, looking for some advice and help for my son who is struggling and wondering if ive arrived at the right place to ask ?
Apologies if im not
regards
Chris

breatheinandout

Re: Help please

Postby breatheinandout » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:15 am

Hi Chris,

Welcome! Yes, people on this forum may be able to help - it can be a bit quiet through. Can you tell us a bit more about the difficulties he is having? How old is he?
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

chrisjd

Postby chrisjd » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi thanks, he is 22 and has always had some difficulties. He was born with a cleft lip and was bullied at school.
This in turn has led to issues with friendships and relationships and even with work. Obsesses about littlest things or any sort of negative remark which manifest into bigger issues. He definately overthinks and gets low.
He can get aggressive and lose control , more by words than anything. He then loses friends, girlfriends and has walked out of jobs.
He sees himself as a failure (especially compared with a successful older brother)
He has seen doctors, councillors since a young teen and has threatened suicide on a few occasions.
Has seen crisis teams and been given medication. Was even referred to a psychiatrist about 2 years ago....we still waiting !?
Me and his mother are at a loss what to do now and pondering paying for either private councilling or maybe a psychiatric consultation if this runs deeper.
Hence why ive turned to the forum for any anyones thoughts or experiences

leah2019

Postby leah2019 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi Chris, I'll try to be as helpful as poss. I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and have been pushed quite a lot to take medication. His still quite young and is likely to realise his worth, counselling is really good for that.

Return to “Information Exchange”