Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Is this what it really feels like

Ask, explore, query, share
nash27

Is this what it really feels like

Postby nash27 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 pm

I have only joined the site today and hope I can access support and information. I recently began to experience anxiety and several panic attacks ( 3-4 per day). I am in my late 30's married with 4 children. I am a healthcare professional and was working up until December last year. For the past month I have noticed myself slowly decline. I am usually active and full of life. I enjoy socializing with friends and family. I feel a heavy weight on my head daily, constant headaches, a racing mind(thoughts going round and round in my head) and contantly tired. I went to my GP and she said I was stressed and anxious. I was prescribed propranolol for my anxiety. Another doctor told me I was depressed and also prescribed me setraline, which I have been very reluctant to take due to side effects. I have been taking St Johns worts which I feel is no longer helping me.
I am begining to get lost in my racing negative thoughts and sometimes wonder if im going mad. I am constantly crying and feel hopeless and unable to take care of my youngest child as I used to. My poor husband has had to take on all the household duties along with looking after the kids. I cant see any light at the end of the tunnel. Any advice would be great

rsxo

Re: Is this what it really feels like

Postby rsxo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:45 pm

Welcome Nash! :)
RSxo <3

airelle

Postby airelle » Sat May 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi Nash,

Sounds like you're in need of time out, or of clear headspace, you maybe focusing on your job to much as you have a hard role/position to play, that with raising a family can produce these type's of symptoms, what kind of racing thoughts do you have, are they in anyway related to your real life, or strange kinds of thought that seem alien or strange, are you able to sit down and watch a t.v show or read a book. Could you talk with a friend or relative though if this is not all ways a good option try a professional councilor/psychologist before contacting GP's and taking medication? As they could cause long term harm, Also diet, limit exposure to triggers, and never beat yourself up. Remember they are just thought's not real entities or event so does not invest so much emotional time to them. We are all only Human that's all anyone can exspect.

dizzy.miss.lizzy

Postby dizzy.miss.lizzy » Sat May 18, 2019 8:33 pm

hello and welcome to the forum

hope you find the help and support you need

wish you better days soon

Return to “Information Exchange”