Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Advice & Net Resources for Anxiety and Depression

Ask, explore, query, share
andthistoomustpass

Re: Advice & Net Resources for Anxiety and Depression

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Don't be afraid to add your own tips to the thread. This was intended to be a starting point, not a full stop. :D

maisi

Postby maisi » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Yeah but it's a pretty comprehensive starting point. Really good advice and resources-this is sometimes a really good forum.

Hm I did come across a good practical activity for working out what you're feeling, tried it a couple of times- if I can find that again I'll add it.

Babette Rothschild's book 8 keys to safe trauma recovery is a no nonsense book for normalising looking at trauma, but weirdly I found it alienating, but it is v sensible and effective strategies, if yr dealing with ptsd type issues from single or multiple traumas.

paul

Postby paul » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:05 am

sarahbee wrote:This is really helpful.

I agree with you about ACT. Increasing the "the size" of the person rather than trying to shrink the problem makes a lot of sense to me.

There are a lot of living skills included in the DBT manual by Marsha Linehan. I know it is aimed predominantly at those with a diagnosis of personality disorder, but many of the "skills" included make sense for dealing with the challenges of life in general, and there is a good section on recognising primary and secondary emotions.

Thanks for posting. ;)

Hi, love the statement "Increasing the size of the person rather than trying to shrink the problem".
Where's that from?

Return to “Information Exchange”