Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

medications

Ask, explore, query, share
DOT

Re: medications

Postby DOT » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi
Ive been put on this medication too, made me feel sick the first time I took it and the room span so GP advised me to start on one a day.
What do you mean by no pain? What pain were you having before.

cd

Postby cd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 pm

sallybee wrote:Has anyone else taken these drugs and had this affect?
Sally

Hi Sally.
I've taken both meds and can't say I noticed any analgesic benefit. I'm not sure how either the SNRI or the hypnotic could have efficacy vis-a-vis long-term pain relief.
Anyway, good that it's working that way for you!
(FYI, the Zopiclone will lose efficacy is you use it continually.)

cd

Postby cd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 pm

sallybee wrote:Hi, gave up on Zopiclone, now on the max dose Venlaxafine which seems ok and low dose Quina whatsit to help with sleep.

I understand a bit better re pain, a lot of my pain is neurological and apparently the Venlaxafine can help with that at low doses; now I'm on higher dose doesn't have that impact lol! Nevermind, back on the codeine etc!

I found that the efficacy of Venlafaxine was not improved by going above 150mgs e/d. I went as high as 300mgs e/d, but I couldn't deal with the sides; mainly vivid nightmares and night sweats, so I dropped down to 225ms, then 150mgs. I find 150mg a much-more manageable dose. In any event. I'm weening myself off the med. Having tried the 3 'main' classes of anti-depression meds (SSRIs, SNRIs, TCAs) I have no faith in their efficacy. In fact, I think St John's Wort and 5 HTP are just as efficacious. (Don't consider taking either of these whilst taking other meds, re Serotonin Syndrome!)

cd

Postby cd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:08 pm

sallybee wrote:and low dose Quina whatsit to help with sleep.

How have you found augmenting Venlafaxine with Quina? It is a combination my DR has suggested to me in the past.

scotty1

Postby scotty1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Sally,
I admire you EDS is a diffcult condition to live with. I once met a teenage boy with this condition, which affected him very badly. So you have a lot on your plate.

:cry:

Return to “Information Exchange”