Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Quetiapine?

Ask, explore, query, share
DC07

Re: Quetiapine?

Postby DC07 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 pm

it could be, i persevered for several months but it just kept getting worse. I now have it written on my notes not to prescribe it to me.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm gonna persevere for a while, but its just a bit worrying because anger doesn't get released outwardly in my. It all gets turned inwards :(
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

cd

Postby cd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Any update from the OP?
I'm interested in learning more about the efficacy of this med. I think it is most efficacious when used to augment another med. However, I'd like to know more from actual people with experiences, rather than psychiatric journals!

cd

Postby cd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 pm

sallybee wrote:I'm on low dose 100mg pd of which 50mg night and the rest to suit, it doesn't make me sleepy at night, but seem to struggle to stay awake during the day! It does reduce my anxiety levels though!

Interesting. Many thanks for the info.

scotty1

Postby scotty1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Just started this med after being reviewed in pysch outpatients. Only on a very low dose as the moment. First few mornings I felt like I was awaking from a sleep fog, but that has passed.
It does give me aches in my muscles which isn't great. But apart from that nothing else. I will be doubling the dose after 2 weeks and then reviewed again after 6 weeks.
I have been prescribed this for anxiety so I guess I will not be on large doses that others have mentioned. However, I do think its working, though I still have to take propanolol in the mornings at the moment for my anxiety, but eventually they said I will come off this.

McNuggets

Postby McNuggets » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:26 pm

I've been on 600mg a day since last May or June and I don't really have any side effects. It doesn't really help much with sleep as far as I can tell but it just sort of takes the edge off things. To be honest though I seem to have a high tolerence for these things. I used to take 20mg of Olanzapine and 300mg of Quetiapine a day and didn't really feel sleepy at all. From what I have read from other people that would have knocked them right out so your mileage may vary.

Return to “Information Exchange”