Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Quetiapine?

Ask, explore, query, share
muchlove

Quetiapine?

Postby muchlove » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am

So the aripiprazole gave me horrendous insomnia, so I'm off that now. Shrink is now suggesting quetiapine. I've
Already seen 1 post mentioning this drug and someone who didn't get on with it has anyone else had any experience with it?
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

belle

Re: Quetiapine?

Postby belle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Hello muchlove.
I take it - 200mg dose - in 'the mix' of drugs.
I think it helps in as much as anything does.
No side effects except it feels calming and in theory is supposed to keep me in a 'pleasant and nice' frame of mind.
The instructtion leaflet says it is for various psych conditions and that scared me to start with but apparently it is commonly used as the benefits help a lot of psych conditions.
Not sure of starting dose ?50mg.
My vote would be try it if you feel able to.
xxx

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks belle, there was another post on here that mentioned it. I've read various things on the net (on the instruction on the shrink) and they say it causes weight gain, anger and irrational thoughts, resteless leg (which I also go on aripiprazole) among other things. I really don't want to put on weight. I'm worried about being zombified too. Shrink said they'd start a low dose but don't know what, and titrate up to 400ish.
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

belle

Postby belle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Maybe try it and see?
No weight gain issue on it for me.
It's hard because the blurb has to say everything. Some of mine say risk of death...great.
Any drug is going to be a calculated risk.
I have been on so many and worry about some of them a lot, but this isn't one I worry about taking. It feels safe if that makes sense.
xxx

DC07

Postby DC07 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm

the lower the dose (beneath 150mg) the more sedating it is as it acts like an antihistamine. More than 70% of people who discontinued it in the US discontinued it ue to aggression issues, it was the reason I stopped it and now have it written in my notes never to be prescribed it. I didnt gin weight on it though and if it suits you it can be quite successful, just make sure you get easy access to the shrink to monitor it and make sure its working for you.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:18 pm

That's kind of what I'm worried about. Access to the shrink is not easy. His assistant is like a bull dog and wants to know the ins and outs of everything before I may be allowed to speak to him.
I'm not really in a position to be turning down any treatment the offer so I guess I have to try it. But its a bit worrying.
Thanks

X

craziememe

Postby craziememe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:30 pm

hi much love I was on 700mg for a long time but I think the lesser the dose the lesser the severity of the side effects. I think anyway. Putting aside the side effects, it's wooed well and did the job that was needed to be done. Like dc says make sure you have support from your physc before you go on it, that's if you decide to xx
Craziememe

craziememe

Postby craziememe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:31 pm

worked no wooed :oops: xx
Craziememe

belle

Postby belle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 pm

I wondered about that!!
Thought I was missing out on some wooing and that wasn't fair!!
Muchlove you will make the right decision for you.
Is there a deadline to tell them?
xxx

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Meeting to start me on it on Wednesday so not long
X

Return to “Information Exchange”