Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

IT problems are benefit payments.

Ask, explore, query, share
stressed

IT problems are benefit payments.

Postby stressed » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Hello, I've had to bail my brother out with financial help, because he says his benefit payments have not been paid.
Admittedly my brother has some strange beliefs, but I believe him on this one.
Although I want to ensure my brother is o.k. I am already struggling financially.
Also me lending him money is causing conflict with my partner and family..who think I am extremely foolish.
It seems feasible to me that benefit payments could have been caught up with the IT problems that have been in the news.
Emotionally I can't afford not to believe him.
I have tried to encourage him to speak to his outreach workers himself, but he is worried based on past experience that they will not believe him, and think it is all part of his psychosis.
I know that it is hard to believe, but even when he is severely psychotic, he does talk a lot of sense in amongst all the ranting and raving. It just takes a bit of time and patience to piece it all together.
Sorry i'm rambling, but basically would like know if anyone else has had their benefit payments delayed, go missing ect recently as a result of the current computer problems in the banking sector? Looking forward to your replies & thanks.
Last edited by stressed on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

belle

Re: IT problems are benefit payments.

Postby belle » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi.
I don't know anything about this but it's obviously hard for you to support these issues.
Could you contact his team perhaps to support his conversation with them, or does he have any statements he could show them to support his problems?
This might be absolutely no help at all - in which case, please ignore.
xx

DC07

Postby DC07 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:17 pm

i heard quite a few people near me didnt get their benefits paid, but it only applies to nat west, rbs and ulster bank customers, so if he's not in one of these he would not be affected.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

Kuruneko

Postby Kuruneko » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:16 pm

I have not been affected luckily, was a little worried as I bank with Natwest and with their recent fiasco :o

I think you are in a unenviable position, caught between your family, partner and him, I don`t think you will get much thanks from either side from my bitter experience. I hope this is sorted out soon so that you are not put in that position again in the near future.
"All the promises I made, just to let you down, you believed in me but I`m broken. I have nothing left and all I feel is this cruel wanting" -lost in paradise [Evanessence]

stressed

Postby stressed » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Hello and thanks folks. Spoke to the outreach team, and was introduced to my brother's new care co-ordinator. :)
I explained the situation, and she said that yes there does appear to have been a problem with my brother's payments. Possibly someone had told them my brother had been sectioned again, when he hadn't!?! See I knew that it wasn't all in his head :)
Anyways the good news is that the care co-ordinator has been to see him today, and his benefits have now gone in and he is fine.
This is a huge relief for me, especially as no-one was due to go see him tomorrow.

I explained to the care co-ordinator that although these things happen, it had caused me some problems.

I have been promised that they will look into it, and try and get it sorted. :)

belle

Postby belle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:30 pm

That's good news.

Return to “Information Exchange”