Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I don't know what my sexual orientation is anymore

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
ledeff

I don't know what my sexual orientation is anymore

Postby ledeff » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi, I'm a 20 year old female who's been identifying to friends and my mum as lesbian. I've always been confident and proud about being gay around my friends. I have amazing friends who are supportive of homosexuality. I came out to near enough everyone last year and the reactions were positive. Right now I've kind of found myself questioning about who I'm actually attracted to. Here's the situation right now: I'm very much so attracted to girls but if a guy with an amazing personality came by and I got to know him well, I feel like I wouldn't say no. It's never actually happened though. Probably because I've only been surrounding myself with girls. I don't know, I've just been thinking about it a lot. Am I bisexual or am I gay just going through a weird stage? I feel like the only way to solve this is to try and be open to guys but nobody can find out. I've only just found the courage to tell people that I'm gay and I'm scared of backtracking from it because I know people will judge me for it. What should I do and what do you think my sexuality is?
I know people say that we shouldn't label ourselves but in society we have to otherwise things just get complicated.

rsxo

Re: I don't know what my sexual orientation is anymore

Postby rsxo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Hey ledeff,

Does having a label really matter that much though? If you took everything else away from you except being gay, would that still be you? No!

If you like girls, great! If you like guys, awesome! Love who you love - a label (and anxiety about it) shouldn't stop you from loving who you want to love! :)

Much love <3
RSxo <3

robin71

Postby robin71 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:15 pm

we all come at this from a different direction:

This was a great site for me, and will say it better than I ever could:

http://bisexualindex.org.uk/

johnherron

Postby johnherron » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:06 am

Many of them, their sexual positioning becomes evident to them during puberty or young adulthood, and most cases without any sexual experience. For instance, homosexuals become aware that their sensual thoughts and actions focus on people of the same sex. It is imaginable, however, to have unrealities or to be enquiring about people of the same sex without being homosexual or bisexual, or choosing to act on these impulses/attractions.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”