Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Partner has admitted himself :'(

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
daniela

Partner has admitted himself :'(

Postby daniela » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:39 pm

I am a 24 year old and living with my partner for 5 years has been tough to say the least.
I have gone through every type of problem with him known, from gambling, drinking the lot
I have not known any different really and his manic mood swings is a constant battle, name calling and aggressive behavior yet he is my rock and I love him with all my heart and he would take on the world for me.

Lately he has been very bad, he was diagnosed as a manic depressant before he met me (he is 27) so from very young. He has had it in his head that he needs to go away and to be honest I really do not see any other way.

He had an appointment today while I was at work and he broke down and admitted himself. I don't know what to expect and they are saying i wont be able to talk to him for at least 3 days while they asses him..

i fell lost and am literally broken, i know we can not live like this anymore as it is a struggle for me too, there are days where i also feel suicidal as the thought of not being with him is as bad as it with - no way out

i just wanted to know if there was any other young couples out there that have gone through the same as I don't know what to expect ie how long will he be in there, what help will he be given

I have been thinking all sorts of selfish things like is there other women in there who he could get close to, will they not let him out will i see or speak to him

I am a mess myself as i have to pay all the bills go to work and come home to each day crazy than ever

i just need to know that there is a light for us as he is my everything and I just want to move on and for him to get better

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”