Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Can Marriage Survive Depression?

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
robinbird

Re: Can Marriage Survive Depression?

Postby robinbird » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi Vernell, I have no experience of marriage as I'm young and still in college. Although I just felt this advice was quite important if he does come back and you need to build your relationship back up. He needs to be able to turn to you for anything and you have to make sure he talks to you no matter how bad things get. There are times when I tune out from everyone else and refuse to talk to my boyfriend but the times when I do tell him straight away and tell him everything going through my head, he helps me fight it all and not necessarily feel better, but feel like I'm having irrational thoughts that I need to stop.

I hope it isn't too late for him to return to you.
Second star to the right and straight on till morning...

Zardos

Postby Zardos » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Dear Vernell,

Firstly an apology.. i really am sorry... sometimes i just read the original post.. but not all the replies.. so i missed it.. i'm sorry, i really am.

when you asked if a marriage could survive depression... i said Yes.

now the question is.. can a marriage survive infidelity... i say No !

That's not a marriage... so i'm prepared to stick my neck out and give you little advice here (you don't have to take it remember)

if You want this.... 'man'?.. back for any reason.. draw a line in the sand ! if he can't 'choose'... then you make him... give him a deadline.. a few days... a week at the most !

get his ass back in the house.. and knock off the shit or its over !

think of what he told you to your face... He's met a slag who is 'everything' compared to you ? You are the mother of his son !.. and he has betrayed you both with that remark !

I still believe in 'True Love'... could i meet another woman and leave my wife ? Yes ! if i fell in True Love i'd have to... but i'd handle it better.

this guy obviously doesn't care about how much he hurts you.. or he wouldn't of said it.

You must be devastated... but you must think of your son now.. so.. 'daddy' wigged out... its a sickness of the modern world.. just remember, theres nothing 'wrong' with You !

he picked a hell of a time of year to pull this shit.. if you let him he will go on hurting you for a long time... you need to settle this quickly... what ever YOU decide.. then you can all get on with the rest of your lives.. including your son.

It broke my heart to read you post.. i can hardly imagine what you must be going through... i'm so very very sorry for what you are going through.. Just remember its not You.. if your husband is an idiot who wants to piss his life away that's up to him.

Just as your future happiness is up to YOU !

You're going to have to be so strong.. for you and your son... decide for yourself what you want.. and then make it happen.

i so wish i could reach out and fix this for you... you're not as alone as it seems... you could stay here with us !

we maybe crazy.. but we're good people...

And so are You

this wasn't your fault !

all my Love :|

Z.

Helpme

Postby Helpme » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:42 pm

I can't believe that after eight months of living with a partner that has depression, I've just found this forum!!! I've never felt so alone and unloved in all my life. I don't know how our marriage can cope. I'm doing everything to support my husband both emotionally and financially, but get nothing in return. Sometimes all I crave is a kind word and a bit of affection from the man I married. I feel like my whole world is falling apart and my health is suffering too. I keep telling myself that it will get better. But even if it does, what state will our marriage be in!! I can't always say that I still love him and I have also considered walking away. But I know the man I love is still in there. I just hope he is fighting as hard to get out as I'm fighting to keep us together!!!

Taffy

Postby Taffy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 am

i am always underwhelmed by men who use the excuse of "depression" to cheat on their wives.
Personally, I think you deserve better but wish you well x

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”