Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Depressed boyfriend has pushed me away

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
arwen2018

Re: Depressed boyfriend has pushed me away

Postby arwen2018 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:08 am

Good morning All

Sounds out of this world all this ghosting and orbiting!

My ex has unfriended me on Facebook but not blocked. He hasn't blocked my number as far as I know, but he might have deleted my number. I'm not going to find out if he has. It's not worth the pain.

Ariane, thank you for setting up the email address. I have emailed my details. I look forward to chatting to you off this forum.

Have a nice day everyone xx

ariane

Postby ariane » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Mr B. i read the orbiting article and stupid doormat me in her pink tinted glasses thinks that it is a good sign and that he might come back to me. Seriously i need to be hit on the head.
Join the whatsapp group, there's 5 of us so far and if anything we are actually going to have a laugh i think

mr.brightside

Postby mr.brightside » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Email sent Ariane! Are we planning on sticking to our nicknames or using our real first names? Happy with either way...

james80

Postby james80 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Ariane, if it's any consolation as far away as my relationship is now I still can't shake the thought that she might come.back.

I popped into the office today with my daughter, I made a point of speaking to her as always. She seemed a bit anxious around us as she does nowadays, but she smiled at me and we chatted for a bit. Its odd and I don't understand where we are really. Better than the cold indifference I was getting back in January I guess!

Damn this stupid brain and it's hope.

lilliep

Postby lilliep » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi everyone

Email sent Ariane. You don’t need to be hit on the head, I think we all harbour those thoughts about them making a miraculous recovery and coming back to us. Arrghhh so I’m being “orbited” that’s scary.

Take care

Lillie x

sallyc

Postby sallyc » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:58 pm

I've sent an email. Sallyc is not my real name by the way! Look forward to chatting on there as well.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm going to read the links now xx

lilliep

Postby lilliep » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:18 pm

That’s great Sally, we were just saying on WhatsApp we hoped you joined us.

See you there soon x

liveahappylife

Postby liveahappylife » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi everyone...

Im back after a truly horrible few months of being alome with my thoughts and trying to get over this crap. I failed.
So much has happened since I posted and feeling bery vulnerable. Ex now has a new woman he has been hiding, yet he liked a pic of me in my bikini on FB a few days ago. Why???!!!! I dont understand why he has resurfaced and is playing with my emotions. I feel like Im back to square one again :(

How is everyone? Trying to catch up on months of posts Ive missed x

charlierose

Postby charlierose » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m really hoping someone out there is listening and can offer me some support! Here is my story:
My partner of three years has just broken up with me. The problem is, we’ve moved to his home country from mine where we were both living and I have no support network here at all. We haven’t even been here two months and he’s called it quits.
We’ve been planning this move for over a year, because he has been so unhappy and homesick where we were. He’s been unhappy with his job for a long time and whenever something stressful at work takes place (he went on stress leave a few months ago) he pushes me away and inevitably breaks up with me, blaming me for all his unhappiness. Am I really to blame? I’ve only ever tried to help and encourage him and make him happy.

He’s had a hard childhood and has some issues he needs to sort out regarding his parents, but when we went to counselling and this was bought up he dismissed it and won’t talk about it.

He recently started taking antidepressants but now wants to stop them because he says he’s not depressed but that it’s me who has been making him so very unhappy throughout our relationship.

Our relationship has never been perfect but we love each other so very much, and I’m struggling to recognise the cold and angry person he is being now.

He’s told me he will book me a flight home if that’s what I want to do and that he won’t be changing his mind. He’s switching between being affectionate towards me and verbally abusive. Please does anyone have any advice? I’m absolutely devastated, and can’t accept this is truly what he wants or whether it’s his depression talking.

robin71

Postby robin71 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello,
I'm sorry you are having a tough time. You say he has anti depressants, someone must have prescribed them, could he go back to them to review the situation.
Can you ask him to articulate what it is about your relationship that he is not happy about. Remember there are things that even a lover finds hard to talk about, maybe writing it down would be easier for him. Even a few words may get a conversation started.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”